Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheap Android tablets?
  • Earl
    Free Member

It seams in the last 2 months a bunch of sub £150 tablets have come onto the market running Android 2.1.

Anyone own one of these or similar? I want something for the kids to play with when traveling ie movies in the car, games at the hotel etc..

e.g.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storage-Options-51951-Scroll-Tablet/dp/B004I8U3RA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

xiphon
    Free Member

Bottom end Tablets are utter shite – speaking from experience!

I purchased an Elken one here on STW, knowing the original OS (Android 1.6) was crap on it – so loaded on a hacked ROM.

It’s basically a fancy touchscreen reader/web browser for mrs xiphon. No videos (simply not powerful enough), no flash (Android 1.6) and the speakers are horrific (so no audio really).

I would certainly not pay retail for them! Galaxy, Zilo, Iconia, EeePad, Streak are good ones.

Earl
    Free Member

The ones above a Android 2.1 so might be a bit better. I just don’t want to pay £300/£400 for something that the kids will nodoubt kill.

Cougar

Nintendo DS?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I liked the look of the Archos which is about that value, and a friend has the 7″ one and rates it fairly highly, but I subsequently saw a lot of dodgy reviews about build quality.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

i have the archos 7 home tablet its never going to replace a home pc but for £130 im happy with it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Mine should be arriving shortly, will report.

CountZero

I prefer cheap Ibuprofen tablets.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Android tablets?’ is closed to new replies.