Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Charity riders at OSMM
  • benjamins11
    Free Member

At Mountain Mayhem there seemed to be a fair number of charity riders doing it in a group of ten this year, which is great, I'm all for things not being too elitist.

However on the first lap I was watching the race at the bottom of the course, one of these charity riders comes through, riding a 50 quid halfords special. He's a big guy, obviously not a cyclist. He gets caught out by two wheel spaced bumps and predictably goes straight over the handlebars. A couple of us help him up, look at this bike which has now got twisted handlebars. I wip out an allen key and notice rather alarmingly that his quill stem is about two inches past the limit marks i.e. about to pop out the top, so I adjust it down for him and he goes on his way.

My question is this – is it right that these people are being sent out to do ride MM (this year a course with some tech ish bits in) with what looks like little riding experience, poor quality bikes and ones which are so poorly maintained that its really quite dangerous. I dont know who would be responsible ? Charities or MM.

wondered what everyone thought about it??

proteus
    Free Member

I dont know who would be responsible ? Charities or MM.
    guess again…

i'm betting more than one enthusiast will have injured themselves riding a poorly maintained bike at MM.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Charity riders at OSMM’ is closed to new replies.