Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Changing Fork Travel
  • Mintman
    Free Member

Just wondering how you know if you can change the travel on a fork, specifically a Reba like this one from 100mm to 120mm:

Reba on ebay

Can I change these using the internal spacer or are they stuck at 100mm? I'm after some 120mm forks for a Trek EX Fuel.

Cheers,

Mintman

DezB
    Free Member

Some forks you can, some you can't. Most Fox models you can change internal spacers to adjust.
    Reba Teams, I'm pretty sure 100mm is the max travel.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I've converted some 2010 Reba Race's from 100mm to 120mm. They're normal QR versions, not Maxle. The RS website says they're 80/100/120 travel and that the maxle is (just) an option. The travel info is the same for all versions, so they might be worth a shot?

Some people have said if they're OEM you can't change the travel to 120. Don't know if mine were OEM or not, I got them off ebay too. Unless the guy has had them apart to check, you wouldn't lose too much if you had to sell them on if they weren't right.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Reba's usually change in 15mm increments. So they can be 85, 100 or 115mm travel.
    Should be able to strip them down, take out the last remaining spacer & they'll be 115.
    I've done both aftermarket & OEM forks without problem.

Mintman

I have a pair of 09 reba race that i will be selling . Set at 120mm with poplock in very good cond

put them on new frame 2 weeks ago with new oil and they are to short for it so going to sell erm

looking for £190 posted

will do some pic later if you would like yeh ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing Fork Travel’ is closed to new replies.