Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Champery World Champs – Let the Steepness Begin
  • jam-bo

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/champery-worlds-helmet-cam-rob-warner.html

i think this gives a more accurate impression of what it might be like to ride champery…

5lab

i’ve ridden the course a few years ago, that corner is super steep, I dropped into it at walking pace and it was nearly too quick to make it. Probably one of the most difficult courses i’ve ridden

Potter
    Free Member

That vid of warner is absolute genius

DenDennis
    Free Member

^ am I doin it wrong or something, can’t hear a word warner says on that vid due to annoying backing music drowning the great man’s voice out- anyone else?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t hear it on the works PC, but I can imagine Warner’s comments by the fact he approaches bits at walking pace/trackstands!

atlaz
    Free Member

I like that “right that’s it, that’s the last time I’m going fast on this bastard thing”. Sort of like my inner monologue pretty much anywhere I find tricky.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Damn! I’ll be on a Megabus to Aberdeen on Sunday – It’s going to be well worth the pay per view! Watching Warner going down is probably the most entertaining course ride ever! He must have been concentrating very hard – just swearing, no witticisms. He misses an open goal ‘pulling me off’ reference at the road crossing!

Northwind

That’s fantastic, cheers for that!

ianpv
    Free Member

I attempted to ride it once in the wet and had a nightmare. On my arse repeatedly, unable to even climb back up to retrieve bike lodged in trees etc. it is bloody steep and unbelievably slippy in the wet. I’m no great rider but have no real problem getting down welsh/scottish DH tracks. It’s certainly nothing like innerleithen!

When I eventually escaped it was straight back to the van to get the swamp things on, and then I couldn’t face it again, so it was off to the swiss national for a bit of R&R. This vid makes me feel better about my ineptitude though:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inMa7ze8hTk[/video]

Northwind

ianpv – Member

It’s certainly nothing like innerleithen!

If that was for me, I never said it was! What I said was, it reminds me of innerleithen, if innerleithen was steep- the little steps become proper drops, flat corners become plummetty hairpins. But GW’s said otherwise so fair enough, appearances can be deceptive.

ianpv
    Free Member

If innerleithen was steep it still wouldn’t be made of the weird slime that champery is made of, that’s all I was saying. Innerlieithen is fine in the wet.

messiah
    Free Member

Awesome clips 😀

Blower
    Free Member

look forward to watching this i stumped up the 15euros.

it’s a ba****D of a course,did it in the wet once and was sliding the back wheel all the way down like warner said. a few off moments too 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

Timed practice was today. They all treat it like qualifying so it’s a good gauge. Gwin was more than 5 seconds faster than Hart who was 2.6 seconds faster than Thirion. Gee never finished or even set a time at the first split, so after his bad crash yesterday maybe he just rolled out to make sure he was included for Sunday and then parked it.

downgrade
    Free Member

4X on live right now if you’ve paid up on freecaster 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Robs ride is brilliant, but just too sweary for freecaster I reckon

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Champery World Champs – Let the Steepness Begin’ is closed to new replies.