Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Chamonix – Camping recommendations
  • beanum

Hi, a bunch of us are planning to go camping in Chamonix in a couple of weeks. I've found the Camping Mer de Glace in Les Praz which looks fine and I remember some recommendations for it in a post on here a while back.
    I've also found another site, Camping Ile des Barrats which is more centrally located. Has anyone stayed there?

Also, we stayed in Interlaken last year at a campsite with a VERY strict 10pm noise curfew, is there anything similar in Cham anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Shandy
    Free Member

Ile des Barrats is in Cham Sud which is the dodgier end of town, petty thieving etc. Its closer to the bars and restaurants though, and handy for the buses.

Mer de Glace is quieter and is actually very handy for some of the trails. There are some very nice dirt jumps nearby as well.

Unless you are really keen on nightlife I'd go Mer de Glace. I doubt there will be a strict noise curfew and there probably won't be many people about at that time of year. I never bother with the buses either and its easy to ride to all the various hills and lifts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix – Camping recommendations’ is closed to new replies.