Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Chamonix biking
  • Gooner
    Free Member

anyone know when the walking trails in the valley are closed to bikers?

Shandy
    Free Member

July and August, most of them are ok all Summer but you need to be respectful and give way to the walkers.

There are a load of threads from last summer if you search back for them.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think it’s july and august. We went in July and speaking to the chaps who ran a bike shop there they said that as long as you’re considerate to walkers, slow down to pass, and are ready with a few bonjours, then we’d be ok to ride them. Which we did. And we were!

bobbyspangles

take into account that there are now trails open on flegere and brevent all season and the trails over st gervais and les houches will be open too.

rad

Gooner
    Free Member

thanks thought so

it bwa Le Tour and over Le trient and Vallorcine in particular but if we cant bike those i am sure we can find enough to do.

Anyone ridden the top section of the flegere downhill? It was closed last June

Gooner
    Free Member

mrblobby I am sure you are correct unless of course you came across english walkers!

Schweiz
    Free Member

Yes, ridden it and it’s nothing special. If anything, the lower sections are better.

Le Tour/Vallorcine trails are a different catagory altogether.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Howdo Gooner, you can ride down to Le trient and Vallorcine and get the train as long as no more than 5 of you in 1 train, Vallorcine will be open all july n august as the downhill tracks are there. The downhill from the top of flegere isnt worth doin really, as Schweiz said. Prob see you there then.

mrplow
    Free Member

Heading out to St Gervais 1st week of September – where can I find the maps for the trails in the area? Will have a car so can travel a bit as well.

Shandy
    Free Member

I thought the Flegere trail had potential, there was a lot of loose rock and stones on it when we rode it, if it beds in it should have a lot more flow to it.

Gooner
    Free Member

forgotmename,

can you still take bikes on all the lifts during July and August?

Also can you bike the run off to the right of the Flegere lift – the one with all the switchbacks?

forgotmename
    Free Member

Hi Gooner, yes you can use the lifts, that trail(sick trail) may be officially closed tho, but, as has been said before, the bloke in the bike shop says be nice n slow and polite and you probably wont be reported, i get lost sometimes when riding around there in july n august, if you know what i mean!

Shandy
    Free Member

The lifties don’t give a fiddlers, and in any case there are official trails off most of the lifts so they are used to taking bikes all Summer.

jhw
    Free Member

Are there any official trails off the Lognan lift up Grands Montets, so they’ll let you on?

Stripe
    Free Member

47 switchback descent off Lognan – brilliant but 2 of them will kill you if you get cocky!!

Did them a couple of summers back – every bit as good as it was with a group 10years ago…….

Schweiz
    Free Member

I blew a seal in my front brake on number 46. Luckily not too far to fall…..

jhw
    Free Member

Banned now though (…). Wondering whether the lifty will let you put your bike on at Lognan.

Shandy
    Free Member

If you’re just going to the mid station there is a trail from there in the direction of Le Praz.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Banned? Don’t think so, I rode it in september.

Its on the bike map non?

Its not that good anyway (in chamonix terms anyway)

to easy 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix biking’ is closed to new replies.