Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chameleon sizing
  • Coasting
    Free Member

Need some help with sizing up a new frame.At a pretty average 6ft the large looks about right but cant help thinking the XL would provde a more stable platform.Any help from the SC owners much needed,thanks.

samuri
    Free Member

Well mine's quite an old frame but I'm 5'11" and have a large. It's a perfect fit for me but the seatpost is out quite a long way.

edit: Oh, funnest bike, ever.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

I'm 6'1" & after demoing a large SC Chameleon, ordered an XL – the large was OK but had a long stem on it & I needed to move the saddle right back on the layback post – I'd also been told they come up small.
    It was delivered the other day, just waiting for a few minor parts to arrive – should finish the build by the weekend 😆

nbt

I'm 5'9" and like Samuri ride a large SS black chameleon. That makes me and him proper-bo sex gods, like, but you might have to make yourself a bit less god-like by going for the next size up

matthewjb
    Free Member

I'm 6'3" and ride an XL with straight seatpost and 70mm stem. For comparison I ride a large Heckler.

To be honest it probably depends what sort of riding you want to do. I do more XC than jumping etc so went for the bigger frame.

6'1" and I bought a M sliding drop out version because it was local and the right price.
    I eventually admitted I had made a mistake and bought a XL EBB version frame.
    Never ridden a L, but I reckon it would be about right, although I've got used to the XL and that seems right now.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I'm 6'1 and ride an XL – it's high at the front, and not massive standover, but it feels bob on as a cross country bike. The large would be jumpier/more chuckable but this is a bike that suits shorter stems.

For reference, I ride a large Blur Classic and an Ellsworth Moment in a medium.

If you're anywhere near Preston, I've just rebuilt mine and you're more than welcome to pop over and swing a leg over it…

I was planning on selling it, but after a couple of rides, it's so much fun, I might hang on to it for a while…

Rickos
    Free Member

I had a large EBB type and felt it was too big. It was nice for the XC style days out, but I wanted something more to rag about the woods, so should have gone for a medium. I always felt quite perched too as the BB is high on the EBB model – not sure of the older style one. I'm 5 ft 11 (almost) but have longish legs for my body. Now ride a 16.5 inch Alpitude and it fits perfect so I may be a bit unusual in my sizing preferences.

TheSwede
    Free Member

6, 1" here and ride a large. No way would i want to cart an xl around. Its not that sort of bike. Its supposed to be a chuckable frame not a stretched out xc weapon. Recon over 6,4" for an xl to get the most out of it for its intended purpose.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chameleon sizing’ is closed to new replies.