Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chameleon owners
  • midatlantic
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a nice 2009 frame.
    What forks are just right for it?

Will 100mm be to quick at speed.
    Is 120mm the definitive fork choice?

Your opinions appreciated.

samuri
    Free Member

I have a much older model, about 2005 I think.
    I’ve got 120mm forks on that. 100mm would definitely be too short. It gets a bit twitchy under compression.

Not that they spend much time compressed, the thing is always in the air.

I’ve never been able to find the wings but they’re there somewhere.

waller
    Free Member

I’ve been running 140mm on a 2007 model which can leave the from end a bit floaty on steep ups. I’m going back to it after using a cotic soul for a month. Much prefer the Chameleon and will probably use my Talas on a 120mm setting.

Brilliant frame!

jockhaggis
    Free Member

I have a set of talas 140 on mine. Never felt the need to drop them to either 120 or 100 travel, just leave them on 140 all the time.

carloz
    Free Member

Ive got 140 Pikes on mine, I sometimes reduce the travel when I’m doing south downs rides.

midatlantic
    Free Member

OK so 120 or 140 is the normal.

d45yth
    Free Member

Pah, I thought this was going to be about something else!

elliott-20
    Free Member

Had my 2004 Cham at 125 then 140. Absolute blast at 140. Still kind of regret selling it.

faceplanter
    Free Member

Had Pike u-turns on mine. Stayed at 120mm unless going down the long, steep stuff. Mine was/is a medium but my mates was an xl and he ran a Lyrik u-turn on his after a while, turned into a ground crushing animal!

We agreed though that the mid setting was the sweet spot mind…

nickc

140mm Thors on mine.

Perfect really

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

140mm pikes were on mine. was great

daftvader
    Free Member

2010 frame here and 140 fox talas which are usually at 120mm

Tracey

We did have 3. Down to 2 now. All run great with 130mm air Revelations

thewanderer
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack.. I have the older frame without disc mounts. Does anyone know where I could get the integrated hanger disc mount from?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I had a 2007 Chameleon and ran it with 140 Vanillas and then Pikes. Personally I think the frame suits a longer fork.

Wanderer; my other half has one of the original Chameleon frames. The disc mounts are still available and cost about fifty quid from Santa Cruz .co.uk

Driller
    Free Member

I reckon 140 just about hits the spot, the Chameleon will egg you on to rag it’s ass off everywhere you ride and a shorter fork might leave you feeling short-changed. It’s a super-versatile frame but I think you miss the point if you try and turn it into a short-forked XC bike.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Went from 130mm coil revs to 140mm air revs, tried it at 120 but just not as good. 140mm is perfect and it still climbs like a goat..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chameleon owners’ is closed to new replies.