Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Challenge or just walk on by?
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

I have never used kids or disabled parking spaces and I dont mind walking a long way, in fact I usually prefer it as it makes parking easier.

But it has to be said (like first class rail caridges) sometimes who ever is responsible gets the percentages wrong.

When its a supermarket car park and there loads and loads of spare spaces it isnt a problem. But I think people get the hump whens there are 3 or 4 empty disabled/child spaces and no normal spaces that are empty.

ransos
    Free Member

Jeez, there are some selfish feckers on this forum.

Whilst I don't have any children, I don't want to see other people's children being run over, so I think that specific parking spaces are a good thing.

Whilst I'm not a child, I was once, and am grateful that adults paid tax to fund my education.

Whilst I'm not elderly, I'm happy to pay tax for people to look after them. I may need that help myself one day.

GrahamS

Granny-in-law is 93. Her knees are shot. To get her out the car you need to open the door as wide as possible and haul her out onto her chair/scooter.

If we can't get a disabled space then sometimes the only option is to block the road for five minutes while we get her out before pulling into a normal space.

Naturally this greatly upsets certain people. Usually the same type of people who park illegally in disabled spaces. 🙄

I will confess however that I have absolutely no qualms about using a disabled loo for a quick "handicrap". 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

Correction – there's one place I do use disabled spaces – Maplins in Basingstoke. There are more disabled spaces than ordinary ones and the ordinary ones fill up first. Maplins can't have eight disabled customers at once very often, surely!

BlingBling
    Free Member

JulianA, none of this free thinking!

It says disabled you selfish b4stard!!!
    I hope someone puts superglue in your locks 👿

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh and TJ your damn right all people that have kids are self centered and selfish. Rearing another human, feeding, clothing, educating and housing them for 20 years+ is about the most self centered thing anyone could ever do.

Ah yeah, you'd think, woudln't you? But a lot of people have kids because THEY WANT kids and don't really consider the fact that there's another person involved that they will have to nuture and cater for. So pretty self-centred, yes.

The thing about parking is that it shouldn't be a big issue. Normal people don't NEED to be right near the door, so they shouldn't care about the fact that there are P+C spaces there taking up space. Me, I park where there's plenty of space as it's loads easier and saves time.

When I see reserved spaces or some other kind of sign, I think 'well they've asked me not to park here because others might need this space more than me, so I'm happy to oblige' because I am a nice helpful kind of chap. It's not about rights, discrimination and rage.. to be honest I think those things are all pathways to unhappiness 🙂

They could improve the P+C situation by putting the spaces a short distance away from the doorway. After all kids don't mind walking or being pushed. I'd happily walk further with my LO and shopping if it meant I had a huge space to work with and was unhassled by the demands of arrogant cocks who think they are too important to walk across a carpark.

GrahamS

I'm happy to oblige' because I am a nice helpful kind of chap. It's not about rights, discrimination and rage..

Well said molgrips.

It's just about basic politeness, being sociable and considerate.

It would be nice if they didn't need the signs. It would be nice if people just thought to themselves, "I'll not park there because I'm perfectly healthy and someone with young kids or a wheelchair might want that bay as it's wider and close to the entrance. I'll park over there instead." but sadly people generally default to being inconsiderate (sometimes just due to lack of attention, rather than any particular selfishness) so signs are needed.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Late to this thread but yes I would and do challenge.
    My parents are 86 and 82 and refuse to park in a disabled space or use the badge because as my Mum says – there are people worse off than me who need that space, I can walk 100 yards – this is depsite hobbling along with severe arthritis.

I have 2 kids, they can walk so we park away from the mellee of Chelsea tractors and walk – always have! That said the sliding door on the van is great when some knobcheese in an X5 has abandoned their tank too close to open the door properly.

JulianA
    Free Member

BlingBling – Member
    JulianA, none of this free thinking!

It says disabled you selfish b4stard!!!
    I hope someone puts superglue in your locks

Bit harsh BlingBling – you ever been there? There is pretty much nowhere else to park around there – and I do use the ordinary ones if they are available, of course.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

I can feel a new thread coming along..

Would you challenge someone if you saw them scrape a trolley down the side of an X6 that some w&nker had just parked across a P&C and HC space?

AndyP
    Free Member

Would you challenge someone if you saw them scrape a trolley down the side of an X6 that some w&nker had just parked across a P&C and HC space?
    does 'challenge' mean 'copy'? if so, yes.

jahwomble
    Free Member

"Would you challenge someone if you saw them scrape a trolley down the side of an X6 that some w&nker had just parked across a P&C and HC space?"

No, it's probably me with the trolley, and I might have to do a few laps just to make sure.:)

zaskar
    Free Member

Ignore the idiots as if they are parking there then moaning is going to start trouble.

What so diabled people don't own nice cars like BMW? discrimination!

So a BMW is parked in a disabled bay and low lifes scratch it-you're no different from parking there.

Then disabled person comes out in their wheel chair to see their car scrached.

Hmm!

juan
    Free Member

Well that is a though one.
    A couple of weeks ago on my way back from work (it was the motorbike day) I stopped to the decathlon.
    I was locking my motorcycle when a clarkson car parked into the disabled space. At this point I shall point it's was a two seater convertible with a minimalist windscreen on which, no blue badge was on display.
    I did point to the guy it was a disabled space and if he had a blue badge.
    I got absolutely hammered been shout at, that I wasn't a cop that it was none of my business. So since I have just stop bothering. If disabled people can't see the advantages of people being civilised and trying prevent kn0b head in german cars to park on the disabled space. Why bother.

AndyP
    Free Member

What so diabled people don't own nice cars like BMW? discrimination!

So a BMW is parked in a disabled bay and low lifes scratch it-you're no different from parking there.

Then disabled person comes out in their wheel chair to see their car scrached.

Hmm!

there was a specification that the BMW had been parked there by a 'w@nker'. If you want to call disabled people w@nkers, I'm not sure you should be deciding who is or isn't 'low life'…

BlingBling
    Free Member

So all disabled people are nice people?

THEY DONT WANT YOUR PITY!!!11!

MrNutt
    Free Member

I'm all for disabled bays near the doors but parent and child? they should be as far away as possible, that way it would reduce childhood obesity and encourage the education of road awareness. I'd still park on the yellow lines in front of the doors though, its a supermarket car park not a bloody public highway! 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

i nearly couldnt race mega for 2 years in a row, as it was during school holidays, and as a childless youngster (26) i was required to take my holidays at other times of the year.

stamped my little feet at that one i can tell ya. (and raced of course…)

this is fairly unrelated to parking… but I do get annoyed by the whole parenting 24/7 / you wouldnt beleive how hard it is / wait till you try it / hardest thing i've ever done / its a full time job etc. etc.

jahwomble
    Free Member

If they are legally entitled to park there, they'll have a blue badge to display, disabled spaces are provided by law, and you can be ticketed for using one illegally iirc,which I may not do, but p+c spaces are provided as a courtesy to customersagain iirc.

legend76
    Free Member

i drive a taxi and it used to annoy me in the local supermarkets when people park in the pick up and drop off points lock up and go do a weeks shopping. i just double park and block them in now.its always amusing to have them wait for me to slowly load up the car at a snails pace 😀 whilst they sit reving the engine.

Ti29er
    Free Member

The last time I witnessed this was whilst parked up at a gym / hotel complex.
    A man parked his shiny new M series BMW in the Disabled bay, slung his sports bag across his shoulder, off one assumes for a workout or a game of squash.

So I left him an aggressive note on his windshield making it very plain what will happen next he does anything so obviously crass and unnecessary.

He's not to know I live 120 miles away; the point is still valid.

However, I am happy to tackle anyone, face-to-face when I feel it's justified. I've made citizen's arrests, been in court a few times for taking on tw"ts and won't stand for many examples of what might be termed antisocial mannerisms, be it littering, smoking in bus shelters or spitting in the tube.

It's a wonder I've never been properly thumped! One guy tried, on the tube after I'd made a citizen's arrest & we were on our way to the next station after a set-to, his 1st try was parried, my reply was clapped by the others sitting in the carriage. People don't expect a guy in a suit to punch back hard to the face. Several times.

GrahamS

off one assumes for a workout or a game of squash.

Or to see the sports therapist to help with his prescribed exercises to rebuild mobility in the remains of his amputated leg after a horrific car accident?

Ti29er
    Free Member

The Devil's Advocate doesn't have a Blue Disk.
    Why is that?
    Because he's abusing the good nature of those who put parking aside for disabilities.
    No excuses. Stop.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

tracknicko – but I do get annoyed by the whole parenting 24/7 / you wouldnt beleive how hard it is / wait till you try it / hardest thing i've ever done / its a full time job etc. etc.

Slightly highjack but why do you get annoyed?

I used to be in a similar boat thinking kids would be easy and why do people complain – but having had two kids and finding out the sacrifices you have to make is quite an eye opener. Try it one day.

NZCol

I don't want to fckng try it. I'm with the child haters I'm afraid. All I get is whingeing, oh I'm so tired, oh i need the school holiday period off on holiday and as you don;t have kids you can work instead, oh i need 5 days off because Tarquin has a bad dose of the squirts etc etc Fack off. I don;t have kids, don't really want kids and don't see why I should be punished for that. And the P+C spaces shoudl be across the other side of the carpark to make them walk. And why is it that kids can't walk to school any more (child molestors probably), but buses still run don't they ? Every morning i get stuck in a traffic jam (on my bike or sometimes in my family unfriendly car) and then school hols come and its empty. Walk you lazy fkkrs.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I don't care about being discriminated against for not having children. In fact, I like it because I would need all the help available so I could cope with it all.

Right now, I park as far away as possible so my car doesn't get dings etc. (it's old and worthless but I love it!). This doesn't always work though, as there's always someone who parks right next to me anyhow!

molgrips
    Free Member

I don;t have kids, don't really want kids and don't see why I should be punished for that.

I find it quite amazing that you look at it this way. Talk about glass half empty! You're being treated normally, help is being given to those who need it. Or do you resent that? You were a kid once – go and talk to your parents about it, see if they'd have appreciated a bit of help like that.

GrahamS

I don;t have kids, don't really want kids and don't see why I should be punished for that.

You're not "being punished" you're just helping out your fellow man in the general spirit of social cooperation and being a nice person.

yoshimi

I wouldn't park in a disabled spot but parent and kid ones are fair game

tracknicko
    Free Member

ha ha NZcol answered my post.

i sort of agree with him (maybe less agressively) i worked in a position where i was a youngun and everyone else was at the baby popping age (all males as it happens)
    think i just got generally hacked of with 24/7 baby talk. incessant whining about tiredness and how you'd never understand until you 'try it' one day…
    why should i try it? i can see you whining about it! it sounds shit!
    totally agree on traffic situation too.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Challenge or just walk on by?’ is closed to new replies.