Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • ChainReaction going a bit downhill
  • lardman
    Free Member

After many good fast deliveries from CRC in the past, the last couple of times i've used them, they have been a bit crap.

Items shown as 'in stock' when i order, are 'out of stock' and unavailable when i have pressed the 'buy' button. This time i paid £10 for next day delivery, and only got half my order 3 days later.

I'm sure people who have great service don't always post up here, so i reckon i might be in a minority…. BUT, it's still a shame they cant sort it out properly.

When i spoke to the bloke there about my card being debited for something they didn't have and had not dispatched, he said.. "yeah but we put it back on the card a few days later" WHAT? – mistakes happen, but 'sorry we'll try to make it better next time' would have been a better response.

So, wiggle, and others will see some more cash from now on.

xcgb
    Free Member

Yeah if i want something quickly i have given up with CR. they used to be reliable but no more it seems

stilltortoise
    Free Member

never had anything but great service from CRC and Wiggle.

nickc

I think they're struggling with their sale being very very popular.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Can we just bundle all this nonsense into 1 thread?

mashiehood
    Free Member

spokecycles – i tell you what's nonsense – the inability of CRC to even have the common courtesy to respond to emails within their own time-scales. Their failure to read emails and dispatching order I was desperately trying to cancel! I have had enough of CRC.

On one on the other hand – SUPERB!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Maybe they just don't reply to e-mails from asshats?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

SpokesCycles – Member

Maybe they just don't reply to e-mails from asshats?

Lolz.

lardman
    Free Member

so…spokecycles

why is it a 'load of nonsense'?
    Is it because you're not interested?

TwirlipoftheMists

I'd like to second (or third or fourth) the rubbishness of CRC – almost everything I've ordered in the last year has suddenly become out of stock. And they are terrible on the phone.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Because you should take the issue up with the shop, not by summoning the mob mentality of a load of middle aged blokes sitting around mouthing off on the internet who, funnily enough, have no power whatsoever to deal with your problem.

Dougal
    Free Member

lardman – No-one is interested in your sob story. There are several threads a day now either bigging up or complaining about CRC. We're over it, go cry somewhere else, and more importantly, order your stuff from somewhere else, like your LBS.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

BUY YOUR STUFF FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN

Waderider
    Free Member

I sent them an email that would take 3 seconds to answer (Q. How do I return these shoes for a size smaller A. Use the returns form on the website) and it took them five days to answer.

No big deal, but not good customer service. Maybe it was a stupid question.

The only other web shop I use is SJS Cycles….their customer service has been second to none for years.

lardman
    Free Member

well i shall buy my stuff from somewhere else. So, thats a good suggestion.
    The reason for this is the manner in which my complaint was treated by them. when i did indeed bring it up with them.

With regard to the 'not bringing up something about bikes' on a bike forum… i must have got the wrong idea about what goes on here.

Dougal.. i think that the other people replying in a slightly more adult manner would be evidence to the contrary.

I will however admit, it was not the most exciting post ever. Just thought that it may make others think twice about ordering things from them, and that would be a good outcome for the 'small' amount of consumer power we might have.

I might not have been frequenting this board as much recently, so maybe i have missed out on the popular sentiment, and you could tell me why this comment has yanked your collective chains so much?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Dunno. I think it's my jamrag week.

lardman
    Free Member

Penrod??

you may answer without shouting if you wish….

vinnyeh

Because you should take the issue up with the shop, not by summoning the mob mentality of a load of middle aged blokes sitting around mouthing off on the internet who, funnily enough, have no power whatsoever to deal with your problem.

Seems the op did try to take it up with them.
    The issue seems to be that after everybody having years of great service and pricing from CRC, quite a lot of people are now being let down. CRC still have dispatch promises on their website, and they're promises that they often don't keep. There's a lot of companies that we're used to crap service from- that's the price yo pay if you use them, and people pretty much expect that. But CRC have seen fit to tell us about great new systems, double warehouse shifts, new warehouses etc and the service has still gone downhill.

To say that mouthing off has no effect might be right nowadays, but Andy used to pop up on here regularly when an issue was publicised, either with an explanation, or solution.

My own opinion is that they get so much international business these days, where people don't expect, or aren't used to next day delivery, that the domestic business is suffering.

mashiehood
    Free Member

spokecycles – was calling me an asshat really necessary?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Probably not. Sorry.

lardman
    Free Member

well done Spokescycles…
    I find sorry quite hard, so hat's off.

bruneep

I sent them an email that would take 3 seconds to answer (Q. How do I return these shoes for a size smaller A. Use the returns form on the website) and it took them five days to answer.

No big deal, but not good customer service. Maybe it was a stupid question.

Was a bit seeing as all the info about returns is here. Returns

mashiehood
    Free Member

thanks spokescycles – all the best.

xcgb
    Free Member

I find sorry quite hard, so hat's off.

`Asshats off surely!

ianv
    Free Member

"they get so much international business these days, where people don't expect, or aren't used to next day delivery, that the domestic business is suffering"

I was talking to some French guys last week who couldn't believe the quality of service they got from CRC. Next day delivery to Bordeaux!! They seem to be exporting their good service rather than lowering their standards.

kimbers

yup i was really hoping for my new saddle and post to arrive before i went up to scotland tomorrow, still processing 2 days later !

lardman
    Free Member

wiggle order made seconds after i posted this on here – lo, and behold… it's arrived this morning.

Hairychested
    Free Member

A mate next door ordered a few bits from CRC on my suggestion. Next day delivery paid too. 10 days and they haven't arrived yet despite several calls and unanswered emails.
    I don't care how busy they might be, when somebody says they'll call within an hour I expect just that. They used to be great at dealing with orders, querries etc. but it seems Cycle Surgery will be getting my cash (if I can't get it through my shop, which in Ireland isn't as easy as back in the UK) thanks to their price match and local-ish location in Dublin.

kimbers

and next thing you know…..

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately your order has been brought into the office with a stock issue. The SDG Bel Air FX I-Beam Saddle 2009 Black – Black that you ordered is not available.

Would you like to amend the order or cancel the item to enable us to ship the remaining items?

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please note if we do not receive a response to this email within 24 hours we will cancel the unavailable item and ship the rest of your order.

Kind Regards,

Ashleigh

TheSlider
    Free Member

Mmmm ordered monday late afternoon – arrived this morning (wednesday). Perfect for me anyway !

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘ChainReaction going a bit downhill’ is closed to new replies.