Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles – what to do?
  • MrSparkle

I am posting this here in the hope that someone off CRC will see it.

I ordered some lights off CRC online about 10 days ago, according to the site they were in stock. I have been dealing with them for years and years and have never had any issue with them, usually I have been singing their praises for the fast delivery. This time however there were problems. After a few days of them not turning up I went to track the order online and it still said processing. I tried ringing them to find out what was going on. Always engaged. I sent an email off and got a reply apologising and saying that they would sort it out straight away. I sent one back asking them to confirm that the lights had been despatched. No answer. I tried ringing and got an automated message saying something like the phone lines were buggered and they had a massive backlog of emails and please don't send them any more.
    I am now getting a bit peeved. I have spent £200+ with them on an item in stock that I have not received and now there is no easy way to contact them.
    As I say I have been more than happy with the service I have got from CRC in the past and I presume this is just a 'hiccup' BUT I want to know where my stuff is and when I'll get it.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Cancel the order and go elsewhere if you're not happy.

geoffj

Try this Andy@Chainreactioncycles.Com
    Although I didn't get much joy when they buggered up one of my orders.
    Good luck.

DickBarton

We ordered a Burley Solo from them 2 weeks ago – got excellent service, but was horribly let down by Royal Mail – they 'forgot' to put the parcel on the van so it sat in their main depot for a day (after paying for before 10am next day guaranteed delivery) – I contacted CRC by phone, after 4 attempts of the engaged tone, I got through – so about 10 minutes trying) – guy was very helpful (and apologetic), refunded the postage and sorted what he could at his end (admittedly he couldn't get the parcel from the Swindon depot to the house any quicker but he did do the refund immediately.

I then discovered the next day (after leaving holiday at 5am to get home for 7am as I was told the driver could be there from 7am), that Royal Mail don't do a guaranteed before 10am next day service in my area but it would be there by 12.

CRC's system didn't check this part of the postal system (not sure it could)…that would be the only criticism I'd offer on this experience, CRC did everything they could as quickly as they could, but Royal Mail let the whole thing down (the driver turned up at 11:56 – dropped the parcel on the doorstep and asked me to sign before scurrying away).

I'd keep trying the phone…as much as it is engaged it will free up eventually.

Solo
    Free Member

Build your own light.

Contact Troutie, he does kits and even a few builds and you'll get your light for less than £200.

Solo.

MrSparkle

Cheers all.
    I am a bit loathe to cancel the order as it is a good price and it could arrive at any time.

Thanks for the email addy, I have sent him an email but got no response as yet.

As I said before when I get through on the phone it is an automated message.

I have ordered the endurance spec Hope vision 2's to last me through a 24hr race. I have already been in contact with Mr Trout and couldn't get exactly what I wanted given time/price constraints. I do admire what he is doing though and probably would have gone for one of his in different circumstances.

DezB
    Free Member

Odd, I got pretty quick responses from sales@chainreactioncycles.com

I'm sure they'll sort you out (eventually). My mate got some wheels delivered by them and the posty left them by his gate. Some scrote nicked em. CRC sent him a new set, no questions. Amazing service, I thought.

Solo
    Free Member

Mr S.

Ok, it was worth a try, good luck with getting your light.

I hope CRC come through for you.

🙂

Solo.

takisawa2

You don't get this with DealExtreme.

[tumbleweed]

Did I say something wrong? 🙂

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle,

Can you email me an order number and I will look into this for you?

Andy.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Sorry Simon, got it. Looking into it now.

MrSparkle

Thanks, Andy.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Just to say that I ordered some forks this morning and jsut receieved confirmation of dispatch. All down to Royal Mail now!

The usual good service, cheers boys.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Mr Sparkle, email sent.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Thanks Handsomedog, appreciate it.

MrSparkle

Andy, thanks for the email.
    Looks like all should be in hand now, or at least it should be before 1.00pm tomorrow!

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I'll email you the tracking reference as soon as I have it.

creaser
    Free Member

cancel the order and buy one from me £170

MrSparkle

I am pleased to say that Andy from CRC has sorted it all out. The goods arrived at 8.00am complete with a nice gift voucher.

Mr Sparkle = happy.

Yetiman
    Free Member

😀

knott4me
    Free Member

now that is service. i have always said anyone can get in the shit its how they get themselves out of it that matters.

i have always had exellent service from crc.

i have just had to return a pr of atomlab aircorp pedals that have fallen apart after 6 months so we will see.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Only once have I ever had an issue at CRC.

My dad ordered me some gloves as a surprise and got them sent to the bike shop where I work and my boss was rather peeved!

Excellent service every time, and very often cheaper than I can buy it from work.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

I've only ever had one problem with some parts missing from a bike stand and CRC sorted that out very quickly.

Have always been impressed by their prices and service.

Farrago
    Free Member

I found that on the phone they were always really friendly and helpful (I had ordered road brakes, they sent me MTB bars). Everyone makes mistakes, fair enough.

Email contact was also prompt but a bit less reassuring. I was told that as I wanted a replacement, I had to pay to send the bars back before they would send me the brakes. I was also told that if I hadn't sent back the original invoice then the replacement couldn't be sent out anyway as this is specified in the returns information on the website. Not that I can find anything about sending back invoices anywhere:(

I don't know, maybe I just caught someone having a bad email week.

Brakes have apparently now been sent out so I'm hoping they'll arrive early next week…

So yeah, one bad experience with CRC, in the past stuff has always arrived promptly. Also CRC tend to be cheaper and have stuff in stock. Otherwise everyone would go to the LBS:p

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.