Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Chain Reaction are back….
  • ady
    Free Member

Chain reaction seem to be slipping of late if i have stuff sent to work address it normally takes between 5 to 10 days .
    If sent to home about 2 to 4 days and my home is only 15 miles from work have now started using wigle and merlin and much quicker service.

davy-g
    Free Member

I put an order in on Friday 6th August… recieved an email today to inform me that part of my order is out of stock…!
    it was in stock when I ordered…. 😡
    This is the first balls up I have had with CRC… but I would use them again for future orders…

donsimon
    Free Member

Placed an order on 5/08 at 16:30, was on my doorstep when I got home from work today. It might have arrived earlier but the postie doesn't come every day.

Not too bad on international deliveries.

Marge
    Free Member

I ordered some bits a fortnight ago on the Monday morning & they arrived on the Thursday (to Belgium).
    I order far more stuff than the mrs would like & I've never had something take long than 5 working days.
    The time from order to dispatch "processing" seems to be around 48hours with my orders…

brokensoul
    Free Member

It's still processing!!!

thewanderer
    Free Member

Ordered with them Tuesday. Everything was in stock. Since then my order is set at processing. I need my order for my trip to the Alps next week. I need them tomorrow.

I tried ringing them yesterday. Phone was down.

Tried ringing them today. Phone is down!

I am never ordering from CRC again. I always receive my goods from Wiggle next day. A much better service.

stumpy01

As a bit of an update, I had a minor whinge above about a CRC order. Well, it arrived on Tuesday, having been ordered the following Wednesday which isn't at all bad in the scheme of things. It's just a bit annoying when you are used to 'next day' all the time.

Anyhow – the bars I ordered weren't as wide as I expected so I am gonna send them back.

Ordered a replacement set of bars yesterday & some new grips while I was at it, and they turned up this morning – so under 24 hrs from order to delivery! Good effort!!

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Does anyone remember the days when all mail order sites said "allow 28 days for delivery"?

Milkie
    Free Member

Ordered yesterday..
    Received today via standard 1st class post!

Excellent! :mrgreen:

nsaints
    Free Member

wheel arrived today
    24 hours late after paying for 'before 12 next day' delivery

Now the hassle of getting my delivery cost back

coogan
    Free Member

Hmmm. Normally I've always had excellent service from them. Ordered on Monday some brake pads. Still no show. The pads are in stock too going by their website. Can't get through on the phone at all, just an answer phone message saying the phones ain't working. Emailed to be told they've be in touch within 12hrs. Bit shit to be honest. It's not being able to speak to anyone/get an email reply to find out whats happening that is annoying more than the delayed delivery.

Woody
    Free Member

My order placed at 1311 yesterday is still 'processing' (now 1550 next day).

This is not good because if it's not sent today to arrive tomorrow morning the postie will waken me up Saturday or Monday morning and I'm on nightshift all weekend. Then I'll be really unhappy !

brokensoul
    Free Member

I've got an email to say it's shipped!

Marvellous, I'm on nightshift tonight!!

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Well I'm still down an order that I needed for today, been charged twice for, paid extra delivery for, and now no contact.

I've been on the phone all day to local shops to get the parts I need TODAY – So now I'm paying full RRP shop prices (i.e twice as much cash) and getting a bunch of last minute parts that aren't actually the ones I wanted.

As it stands I've paid for the 'same' kit 3 times this week.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Been waiting for bits I ordered on Sunday priority post, sent them an e-mail yesterday, Got a call from them and an e-mail explaining that they've had a mad time with the sale thats going on and said that they were sorry for the delay.

Priority post to be refunded and the bits to be sent today priority post, can't say fairer than that.

Cheers CRC for the prompt action 😉

Flapjack
    Free Member

I ordered a workstand off CRC a couple of months ago, and when it turned up some of the bolts were missing so I had to pop to B&Q to get some to fit – costing me a fiver.
    I emailed CRC customer services and the next day they phoned me to apologise and refunded me a fiver on my debit card, and they also gave me a £5 voucher to say sorry!

Pretty bloody good customer service I'd say.

Compare that to Wiggle who I paid £5 extra for a 'priority' delivery on a Hope rotor I desperately needed, stupidly thinking that it meant they'd send it on a carrier. What it actually means it that for an extra fiver they get Dave in the warehouse to put it in an envelope a bit quicker…..which he didn't. After ten days I finally got my money back. Oh, and you can't phone them, only email.

Woody
    Free Member

Mine has now shipped – 48 hours after the order was placed which now means I'll be woken by the postman tomorrow. 👿

Not a complicated order, some chain lube, Hope brake adaptor and a Sram PC951, all in stock. Missing a day on a late'ish order I can understand but they should not be advertising that their aim is that goods ordered before 3pm are despatched 'same day', when quite obviously, going by the number of recent complaints, they are not able to achieve that. This is the third 'late' delivery I have had since early July, giving a 50% failure rate.

A day late is one thing, 48 hours suggests that there is a problem.

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Got my order to-day as promised by sales.

Pieface

Spa cycles are very good (if you like that kind of thing)

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Merlin FTW!!!!

Liftman

Placed an order on monday get an email today saying its shipped !

rep341
    Free Member

Been there and got t-shirt!
    I just use freeflowbikes.com

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction are back….’ is closed to new replies.