Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Cesc…
  • headfirst
    Free Member

He’s gone, oh I
    Oh I, I’d better learn how to face it
    He’s gone, oh I,
    Oh I, I’d pay the devil to replace him
    He’s gone, oh I,
    What went wrong?***

😥

*** this is a rhetorical question

yossarian
    Free Member

i think he wants to win something

headfirst
    Free Member

👿

donsimon
    Free Member

Hmmm! Arsenal or Barça? That’s got to be a tough call.

yossarian
    Free Member

Arsenal have played beautiful, inspiring, fluid and utterly fruitless football for 5 years now. I like Wenger, i like his philosophy, i like arsenal’s overall approach but it must be tough playing for a team thats won less than Birmingham city in the same period.

scaredypants

yeh, nice move – get paid a shit load of cash to go back to spain & ponce about in reserve games. Won’t even need to keep all that fit.

Win!

(in the sense other than “be victorious in meaningful football matches”)

timc
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member
    yeh, nice move – get paid a shit load of cash to go back to spain & ponce about in reserve games. Won’t even need to keep all that fit.

He is 7 years younger than Xavi… his time will come!

dharmstrong
    Free Member

To be fair to him he has taken a pay cut to goto Barca. They are still a bunch of shits the way they have acted over this whole thing though.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Losing Cesc and Eboue in the same day. I’m gutted.

Gordy
    Free Member

Good luck to him. Been one of the best players in the league at the heart of one of the most entertaining teams. I hope Arsenal win something soon so they’re can carry on as they have been for a while longer.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

I do feel for Eboue, not the sharpest tool in the box. He was given shit the day he was booed, but he was terrible that day.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I really like Eboue. He was treated shamefully by the fans, came back and became a cult hero in the Ray Parlour mould.

However, he is also a lot better than people think. He’s our only true utility player, in that he could fill in across the defence, and across the midfield. The only two places he couldn’t play were in goal and up front, and I bet he’d have given it a damn good go. He also always ran constantly for however long he was on the pitch.

And I have a Cote d’Ivoire shirt with his name on the back.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I like Eboue, always struck me as being a little short on talent but always full of verve and commitment to try to make up for it.
    I can’t fault his effort but I think the bottom line is that he just isn’t quite good enough, so he has to go.
    I wish him well at Galatassary.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Lots of effort, even if his skills didn’t always match it. Shame to see him go if I am honest

As for Na$ri?

Sawyer
    Free Member

If we can get £20m from City now for Nasri, take it. I can see him sulking on the bench for a year otherwise.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Got to take it, would rather the money than a half hearted season from him

trailmonkey

good riddance. thoroughly unlikeable bloke. heard stories (from creditable sources) of him shaking hands with oppponents at the end of games and then calling them losers as they turn away and calling opponents rugby players during games for daring to tackle him.

he was good but if he was that good, he’d have been enough of an influence for Arsenal to win something in the past 5 years.

timc
    Free Member

Heard stories, haha come on 🙄

Not that good but going to the best team in the world?? funny you mate 😆

Sawyer
    Free Member

I believe that he has the best assist and passing record in any of the top leagues by a way?

There’s no two ways about it, he’s world class.

trailmonkey

Not that good but going to the best team in the world??

pep obviously thinks that iniesta needs a water carrier – all the best players do.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s the twitter trending on this one? 🙂

timc
    Free Member

trailmonkey, he obviously lined up as the long term replacement for Xavi who is nearly 32, obvious really!

Hadge
    Free Member

Great players leave great teams – Cesc I believe cost Arsenal £1m from Barca 5 years ago – they’ve made £33m profit on him and seen some fabulous football from him! That diver Ronaldo was deemed irreplaceable by Manure Utd but have they struggled – er no. It’s not the end of the world and life goes on.

donsimon
    Free Member

Manure Utd

Who?

portlyone

Xavi is supposed to be knackered, big knee problem.

Fergie replaced Ronaldo. Fergie >>> Wenger at rebuilding

Sawyer
    Free Member

Ferguson also has access to and has spent a hell of a lot more than Wenger.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Christian Erikson would be a good signing, but will probably end up with another 16 year old winger to go along with Oxocube Chambermaid and Miyagi.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That diver Ronaldo was deemed irreplaceable by Manure Utd but have they struggled

correct it did not change anything and it will not for Arsenal. I, for one, am very confident Arsenal will still win **** all.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good result for Arsenal tonight but it’s only Udinese, so best not get carried away.

Oh, and they’ve lost their remaining best player to Man City….

How many more Arsenal players to leave by the weekend?

timc
    Free Member

rode their luck a little with the post being hit & pen miss, did the business again I guess

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Elf, Nasri is quality but he’s nowhere near Van Persie.

BadlyWiredDog

How many more overpriced carthorses will Dalglish sign by lunchtime tomorrow… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good result for Arsenal tonight but it’s only Udinese, so best not get carried away.

Oh, and they’ve lost their remaining best player to Man City….

Enough already tbh. 😐

They played very well this evening. Well done to them – I’m glad they’re through to the CL.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t be daft. Nasri is far more valuable a player than Van Persie. You’re only saying that because VP is one of the very few decent players Arsenal have actually got left. If VP had left instead of Nasri, you’d be singing Nasri’s praises. Against Liverpool on Saturday, Nasri was your best player; VP din’t really get a look in.

I even heard an Arsenal fayn saying the other day that Fabregas ‘won’t be missed’ and was ‘overrated’.

😆

Crucial result for them tonight. Had they lost the tie, I could quite easily have seen an exodus from the club of a whole number of players. Had you had to play a decent team, I think you wooduv struggled. Udinese are hardly amongst the elite in Italy, let alone Yerp. More like a Blackburn sort of level really.

I fear Junkyard may well be right you know.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I could quite easily have seen an exodus from the club of a whole number of players

The oracle speaks

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How many more overpriced carthorses will Dalglish sign by lunchtime tomorrow

Arsenal (and indeed any Premier League club) would love to have any of those ‘overpriced carthorses’ at their club….

Arsenal just have overpriced show-ponies instead. [cough]Arseshaving[/cough] 😉

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Don’t be daft. Nasri is far more valuable a player than Van Persie. You’re only saying that because VP is one of the very few decent players Arsenal have actually got left. If VP had left instead of Nasri, you’d be singing Nasri’s praises. Against Liverpool on Saturday, Nasri was your best player; VP din’t really get a look in.

I even heard an Arsenal fayn saying the other day that Fabregas ‘won’t be missed’ and was ‘overrated’.

Crucial result for them tonight. Had they lost the tie, I could quite easily have seen an exodus from the club of a whole number of players. Had you had to play a decent team, I think you wooduv struggled. Udinese are hardly amongst the elite in Italy, let alone Yerp. More like a Blackburn sort of level really.

I fear Junkyard may well be right you know.

I fear your trolling is obvious and tired, or you really don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Either way Arsenal will still finish above the spuds and the scousers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

you really don’t have a clue what you’re talking about

Erm, excuse me, but you’re the one spouting off about VP being better than Nasri, which, I think you’ll find, is something that most football experts, msyself included, will argue the opposite, because that’s actually the truth. You’re just a bit bitter, come on, admit it; you are, aren’t you? 😐

Either way Arsenal will still finish above the spuds and the scousers.

This is entirely possible.

However, what will you do if this doesn’t happen?

You are aware that if Liverpool finish above youse, that you will have me in full-on gloating mode to contend with? Do you really think you can handle that?

And this, following what ended up as a fairly comfortable victory for an under-par Liverpool on Saturday. And just before a visit to a rampant Man U.

Brave words my friend, brave words…

timc
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    How many more overpriced carthorses will Dalglish sign by lunchtime tomorrow…

Tell me about it, when we could have a league 1 winger for £12m as well 🙄

If RVP was better than Nasri, Man City would have bought him by now 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He left Arsenal to ‘win trophies’.

Tonight he scores to help his team win the UEFA Super Cup. His second trophy in just over a week. 😀

That’s as many as he achieved in his entire time at Arsenal…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Cesc…’ is closed to new replies.