Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • Census = Jedi?
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

So, who’s going to claim to be a Jedi on the census form when it arrives through your door?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

Rorschach
    Free Member

😀

CaptJon
    Free Member

That is sooo 2001

Trimix
    Free Member

Oh, I thought this was a thread about bike skills 🙂

Aparently not. Well we need a new religion, how about Singlespeed or 1×9 or 29 or Monkey sex etc etc.

Im sure with the power of the interweb there will be much fun promoted. I did hear that they were not going to ask religion in this one, that was sometime ago, so I may be wrong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It is believed the majority of self-reported Jedi claimed the religion for their own amusement, to poke fun at the government…..

Well I’m certainly going to do it…….I can’t wait – I’m really excited.

I only wish I could see the faces of the government officials when they see my completed census form …… I bet they’ll be mortified ! Oh what a laugh.

That’s hope though, that the bleeding-heart liberals and their so-called “human rights act” don’t let prisoners join in the fun – if you don’t want to do the time, then don’t do the crime……or something.

MSP

The Office of National Statistics revealed the total figure in a press release entitled “390,000 Jedis there are”

Good on the ONS for not being uptight about it.

kimbers

i did it to poke fun at religion really, ill probably do it again too

cynic-al
    Free Member

Have to say I thought that was pretty sad, 7000 losers saying they are Jedis on the census form?

Whoo-****ing-hooh, get back to your role playing games, you rebels.

kimbers

you say role playing like its a bad thing- you sir are a buffoon!

therider
    Free Member

well i will put jedi, well thats face it at least we have see yoda on tv, so theres somthing to belive in, its better than all them sad gits beliving in a god! they have never seen/ dont belive in the facts ect,
    yoda is more real in god unless you belive the life of brian

kennyp
    Free Member

Well I’ll definitely be putting Jedi because it’ll make me witty and cool and a wild, crazy rebel. If that doesn’t bring the government down I don’t know what will.

emma82
    Free Member

You could all buy Jedi dressing gowns!!

I might do it this time, who gives a toss about religion on these anymore

Cougar

On reflection, I think I’ll be putting “no religion” then I don’t get counted when statistics say that “blah percentage of the UK have religious beliefs.”

therider
    Free Member

not really a rebal just not a racist, well lets face it wars are caused buy following a god! a god that dont agree with someone elses god, and it gose on from there

amodicumofgnar

Will there be Sith?

jon1973
    Free Member

Well I’m certainly going to do it…….I can’t wait – I’m really excited.

You Jedi scum.

D. Vader

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i did it to poke fun at religion really, ill probably do it again too

Absolutely. I bet the Archbishop of Canterbury will be reeling from such ridicule.

Give it a few more censuses, and I’m sure religion will become something of the past.

pedalhead
    Free Member

hmm yes do you think we can start the Sith backlash from here? I used to be a Jedi, but the bad guys have so much more fun…

druidh
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    On reflection, I think I’ll be putting “no religion” then I don’t get counted when statistics say that “blah percentage of the UK have religious beliefs.”

That

therider
    Free Member

you ARE my father

kennyp
    Free Member

Why not just put the truth for all the census questions? I know it’ll disappoint the conspiracy theorists out there, but it is just possible the census is carried out to help plan improvements for the country.

RobHilton
    Free Member

hmm yes do you think we can start the Sith backlash from here? I used to be a Jedi, but the bad guys have so much more fun…

Defnly!

Adventure? Excitment? Rob craves these things.

therider
    Free Member

plan improvments and cost howmuch, this gov spends millions on every bit of crap it can think of, it will be the truth, religion is crap and evil so i wont be lieing

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

He’s got it!

therider – Member
    not really a rebal just not a racist, well lets face it wars are caused buy following a god! a god that dont agree with someone elses god, and it gose on from there

🙄

Houns

Pretty much what Al said in his first post… Are you 8 or what?

senorj

I’ve crossed over to the dark side now so it’ll have to be sith.

Igmc.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it is just possible the census is carried out to help plan improvements for the country

Rubbish. It’s so that the government can find out stuff about us…..so that they can force us to pay more taxes, or something.

Or round up people in the event of civil unrest……..and then put them into special concentration camps which they have already prepared, probably.

druidh
    Free Member

Aye – but they need to know if the pre-prepared concentration camps are big enuff 🙄

CountZero

Rubbish. It’s so that the government can find out stuff about us…..so that they can force us to pay more taxes, or something.
    Or round up people in the event of civil unrest……..and then put them into special concentration camps which they have already prepared, probably.

Really? You don’t think they might already have most of the info on various databases already? Possibly the only reason the census might give a more integrated picture is because most government IT projects over the last two decades are so badly thought out none of them can talk to one another.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not just me then?

hels
    Free Member

The Census is hugely significant for historical research, and should be done just on that basis.

Not sure what will be made of the Jedi thing in a few hundred years !

chrisbarr
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Have to say I thought that was pretty sad, 7000 losers saying they are Jedis on the census form?

Whoo-****ing-hooh, get back to your role playing games, you rebels.

Actually it was 390,000 – 4th most popular religion in England and Wales!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Let’s push it to 3rd this year

neilnevill
    Free Member

android

bawbag
    Free Member

Nope, it’ll just count as another religious person in the UK. No religion campaign here.

BigJohn

I will not describe myself as an atheist because that means I am defining myself in terms of something I do not beleive to exist.

I might as well describe myself as an apotterist. Because I don’t believe in Harry Potter either.

Actually I do believe in God. Just like imagination, conscience and fear. You can’t deny they all exist – but just inside your head, nowhere else.

kimbers

we should stick with jedi or it will be like the competeing anticowell xmas number 1s last year

druidh
    Free Member

If you actually really care…

http://www.humanism.org.uk/campaigns/census-2011

nasher
    Free Member

Will they put a welsh tick box on it this time?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Census = Jedi?’ is closed to new replies.