Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • C&B SEEN Lights
  • Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry for yet another light thread, I cant seem to navigate the search function very well…. 😳

I thinking about a set of these lights:-

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/commuter-kit.html

Will be for a 4 mile early morning (0330ish) commute on unlit Cornish back roads, didn’t know if anyone had any thoughts on them, seem good value, I know you get what you pay for, I just don’t have £100+ to spend on anything at the moment!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Steve

andyl
    Free Member

no side visibility on the rear 🙁

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve been recommended the front spots by people who do regular mbro35’s night rides in Epping. Apparently the single kit is better than the twin. I’ll be investing in one next week.

For a rear there’s loads on Merlin’s site for about 25/30£ that will do the job.

The Mars are good.

I also saw a moon rear in broad daylight and it was super bright, if I was getting a new rear it’d be one of those.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Thanks Guys, I may have some rear lights down in Cornwall, I got a Kong Skink and a cheap on mounted in my helmet.
    Im a little annoyed I demolished my Fibre Flare when I binned of on a charity event…
    I might also have a front light but its missing the charger, I think its a NiteRider, but its about 12 year old now, if not more.

Will see how it goes, the chaps at C&B SEEN seem very helpful, which is nice, will see if I go for just a Front, or a set.

Cheers Steve

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think 500 lumens to the rear might be a bit stupid myself, very dazzling on an unlit road.

The smarts are bright but I have had failures with water sealing.

You would be better with a couple, or more, of lower intensity but flashing/pulsing lights with some side visibility – like fibre flares or Cateye LD600 type lights vertically mounted.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Hmm maybe, in some ways I think bugger them…but with the driver head on can see where it would be a problem.

footflaps

I always use at least two rear lights as batteries die, water gets in and shorts them out, or they bounce off on a bump. My current choice is the Smart 0.5W rear LEDs, but you need to use a mud guard and keep them dry-ish as they seem to not be very well sealed. Fine for my 3.5m commute as they never get that wet.

DanW
    Free Member

They are very good in my opinion. Not just “for the price”, but good regardless. I use them off road and a little on the roads to the trails.

I have found cars come to a complete stop as they approach you as they are rather bright to say the least. I think I prefer cars to need to think a little about passing you although I’m sure the drivers disagree 😀 You might soon become very unpopular if the lights are exclusively for road use 😕

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Well if I cant find my front lights I may go for a single unit, and see if I have some red lamps down mothers to plaster my back end with.

The road is quite quiet, as its runs along to the bypass, plus at 330am I wouldn’t expect a lot of traffic, I wouldn’t like to piddle someone off that time of the night, might not make it to my destination…

Cheers for the advice guys!

Cheers, Steve

catsplums
    Free Member

I have the same front light and am very impressed indeed, very very good for the money, can’t comment about the rear though.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Bought one of these for the rear,

Electron Pico Super 2 Rear LED Light

Going to look at one of the single 1200W C&B SEEN lights.

Cheers Steve

officialtob
    Free Member

So has anyone else had any experience with the c&b seen front lights? They seem really good value, and like the OP, I really can’t justify over £50 for some lights!

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Well I’m looking to get one of the Single 1200 Lumen lights, will be ordering it tomorrow.
    Will update when it gets here.

C&B

For the price if it last 12 months it cant be to bad! Plus if its any good I might upgrade to two.

Cheers, Steve

officialtob
    Free Member

Yeah I think that’s the one I’m going to order. If you could report back when you’ve had a bash, it would be really helpful! 😀

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Well I ordered it this morning around 830, not heard anything back as of yet, though I just noticed Blue is out of stock…..doh, might ring see if I can change that to a green!

Cheers Steve

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Scratch that I have a blue one coming 😆 that seem very helpful over the phone, he doesn’t have stock control on the website so takes them down when he is running low, he has green or red in.
    Should be here tomorrow, will get some pictures up and try and do some picture at night.

Edit:- oh and the Electron turned up today, seems very bright as at £16.15 from Merlin at the moment seems good value, had me seeing spots for a few moment…. The only negative I see at the moment is the switch is a little sensitive for my fists of ham.

Cheers Steve

mrjmt
    Free Member

The same lights are on ebay for £25 from china.

Also be aware of the thread on here regarding exploding objects.

Just because they’re a UK seller doesn’t necessarily mean that the light, battery or charger are any better than the ones you buy direct from china.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Yes but I need one now, cant find next day delivery from China. 😀

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Got the light in this mornings post, for the price I don’t think I can complain, unit seems very well made, feels a nice item in your hands. Comes with bar and head mount and a extension cable.

It’s quite a nice well made unit:-

Had a dry run outside, not quite a dark as I would like to test them but made to, very much a spot beam with a bit of side spread.

All in all for about £40 it seems a good buy, yes there are ones from China for cheaper, but if you need one in a day or two these seem a good option.

Will give a update when I have ridden with them a few times in the pitch black.

Cheers Steve

iainc

someone was using the 1200 Lumen one on our club ride last night. quite impressive, a bit narrow and less floody than most bar lights, with a bright centre and dimmer outer ring. A lot less bright than my 1285 Lumen Maxx D and much smaller flood, but definitely looks good for the money and well put together. Probably comparable to a 900 lumen offering from one of the big boys

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘C&B SEEN Lights’ is closed to new replies.