Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cassette problems
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Hi all

Having wonky cassette problems. Running a Mavic crossride with a SLX 10spd cassette and the cassette is spinning wonky and causing miss shifts in the higher cogs. There is a small amount of play in the cassette but it won’t tighten up anymore? Any ideas?

fivespot
    Free Member

My wifes bike (which gets used about twice a year) has Crossrides on it, and I seem to remember there being a spacer that came with them, that went on the freehub before the cassette. Its a bit like the one in the middle of a XT cassette, about 1.5mm thick. I have just had a look in the garage at her back wheel, and I can what looks like a thin spacer. Maybe you left it out when changing cassettes ! 😕

teadrinker
    Free Member

That’s on there, thinking a trip to the bike shop is needed! Appreciate the reply though.

Ambrose

Same problem here on No2 son’s bike. Fitted a spacer from an old cassette, all is now well. I don’t know about 10 speed though- is it possible to mismatch components?

stuartkendall
    Free Member

sounds like it could be a worn freehub. Ive the same problem on my HT. I put up with it for a while and consequently require a new casette, chain and chainrings too 🙁

teadrinker
    Free Member

Just got back from the lbs, had the wrong size spacer on according to them? Anyways, all fixed and running lovely and fixed for free. Good work lbs and thanks for your replys on here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cassette problems’ is closed to new replies.