Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Casey Stoner @ 1000FPS
  • Euro
    Free Member

😯

O-O

allthegear
    Free Member

He looks like he caught the knee of his leathers on the ground on that corner and scuffed them. He can’t be very good.

Rachel

druidh
    Free Member

Now we just need some “expert” to come along and tell us that there is no such thing as counter-steering.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    almightydutch
    Free Member

Yeah he’s a bit good that lad, all the whinging and moaning he does all takes a back seat when you see stuff like this.

Sliding the front on the way in and seemless transition to light up the rear on the way out. Amazing!!!

toys19
    Free Member

Blimey, I used to be a peg scratcher in my younger days, but thats amazing. Anyone remember jean phillipe ruggia? 1987 the original elbow scratcher

almightydutch
    Free Member

Just about remember him, but the new breed is here now:

Speedy Gino Rea!!!! Destined for big things!!!

uplink
    Free Member

Euro
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member

Speedy Gino Rea!!!! Destined for big things!!!

An ‘accident waiting to happen’ rider. Scary and spectacular.

Never saw Jean Phillipe Ruggia race, but seen that pic a few times. There;s a vid floating about with some american bloke getting his helmet down. I’ll see if I can find it (since my boss is paying me to surf).

edit: about 1 minute in…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ov43cWkYIA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

almightydutch
    Free Member

Schwantz or Roberts used to say: You can make a fast rider stop crashing but you’ll never make a slow rider fast!!!

Speedy Gino will be in Moto GP’s by 3 years…..you heard it here first!!

And yeah saw the guy get his head down….pretty impressive and an easy way to scrap a helmet.

5thElefant
    Free Member

There was an interesting quote from Burgess explaining why Stoner was so fast on the Ducati, unfortunately I can’t find it, but it was along the lines of…

Stoner would slide the rear through the corner to stop the front washing out. Rossi isn’t prepared to ride like that.

Euro
    Free Member

almightydutch – Member

Speedy Gino will be in Moto GP’s by 3 years…..you heard it here first!!

In Moto 2 maybe, but he’s still way down the list of fastest British riders imo. Happy to proved wrong though.

mboy
    Free Member

Now we just need some “expert” to come along and tell us that there is no such thing as counter-steering.

Hehehe

Heard that one sooooo many times being spouted by seasoned riders down the pub etc. Usually guys with big chicken strips on their tyres!

Yeah he’s a bit good that lad, all the whinging and moaning he does all takes a back seat when you see stuff like this.

Stoner is a proper talent, just unlike Rossi, when things aren’t going his way he throws his toys out the pram and blames everyone else. Rossi is just a whole lot more considered and philosophical about it all, and just gets on with it, as well as being an incredible talent, hence why he is universally adored.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Who’s your fastest riders then…currently having same discussion on Twitter so interested in this.

I’ll give you mine:

my fastest 5 Brit riders in order: Crutchlow, J.Rea, Smith, G.Rea, S.Lowes

Euro
    Free Member

All things being equal i’d put Rea, Laverty, Crutchlow, Haslam and Smith in order of who’s fastest. Change the order a bit for who’s the best racer (Haslam on top there maybe). I’d still put Davies, Byrne, Toesland, and Hill before Lowes or Gino.

toys19
    Free Member

Schwantz or Roberts used to say: You can make a fast rider stop crashing but you’ll never make a slow rider fast!!!

Both serious men, I have a poster of schwantz exiting a bend sliding the rear and lifting the front… Never froget the british gp 90 or 91 when Schantz took rainey around the outside of melbourne loop hairpin, last lap only one more corner after that, what a win, **** awesome.

chicken strips

always called them “pussy marks”..

Curly68
    Free Member

You really can’t knock his talent and speed. He may not be every sponsors PR dream but he does the job.

samuri
    Free Member

Blimey, I used to be a peg scratcher in my younger days, but thats amazing. Anyone remember jean phillipe ruggia? 1987 the original elbow scratcher

YAY! I used to have that poster on my bedroom wall! It featured in Bike as a caption competition. The winning entry was something along the lines of
    “Hey fatty, when you’ve finished drying out your underpants, lets get the race going again.”

Rorschach
    Free Member

Laverty,Crutchlow,Lowes,Camier,Smith.
    Eugene will be in Moto GP next year.
    Love the photo of Nori!!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Casey Stoner @ 1000FPS’ is closed to new replies.