Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Case for HTC Desire?
  • fannybaws
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a case for my new desire? I think the zagg invisible sheild looks ok. What do other people have? just got the handset and it looks pretty good but i have a terrible track record of destroying these things.

Cheers

Rickos
    Free Member

I've got a rubbery thing that slots over the phone and then a scratch protector for the screen. Got it off eBay for like £3.75 or something.

Something like this but without the rubber coming all the way over the buttons at the bottom.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Black-Silicone-Phone-Case-Cover-HTC-Desire-/380236653645?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item5887dee44d#ht_1392wt_1137

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If you want a bit of a slick one, get this:

http://www.pielframa.com/htc-desire-imagnum-green-cases.htm

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I use one of these with one on these
    The case is very slim and not to imposing in a pocket. I've had the screen protector on for about two months now and it's still in perfect condition. Very easy to fit too.
    The invisible shields are quite hard to apply apparently.

motivforz
    Free Member

Personal opinion on desire cases, I got a leather 'pull out case'. Theory being when its in my hands I want to use it easily, and I'm unlikely to drop it whilst texting etc, and its protected when in my pocked by padded leather and thick edges for drops.

Friend got a silicone case with a screen protector. Yes its protected whilst you're holding it, but it looks shit, feels shit, can't get it out of your pocket easily and the screen protector is all scratched and rubbish in the sun. The phone is slightly scratched underneath too, which tells me something. Whereas mine is in mint condition and I've had it longer.

If your a clumsy fool then get the silicone stuff, and at the same time wrap it in bubblewrap, but if you can trust yourself then get a proper case which is protected when you carry it, and free and easy to use when you use it.

(if the above sounds harsh, its meant to be in jest!)

ads-b
    Free Member

I use one of these:
    Case

Water proof and a screen protector in one 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

Double post! 😡

Rickos
    Free Member

motivforz – you were harsh and now I'm going for a cry.

😥

Anyway, I'd quite like one that completely covers the phone for use on the bike with Endomondo like my old Boxit one that fitted my Nokia. At the moment it gets stuffed in a sock for crash protection and then popped in my Camelbak.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I got my daughter the HTC case for hers, and she uses it so it can't be too bad.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

+1 for the HTC pull out case, and an arm band case to mount on the stem for bike computer duties.

For my desire HD I got a Case Mate Barely There and a screen protector. You don’t notice it at all. You’ll have to Google to see if they do them for the standard desire

fadda

As above, I have the barely there (from amazon, and mine’s a standard desire…)

Previously tried the leather pouch, a flippy one and the silicone, and much prefer this. Seems to protect well, and not really noticeable. I’m reasonably careful though…

duffmiver
    Free Member

I have a barely there on my Desire S. It’s very good.

qwerty
    Free Member

CASE MATE Tough Case

mau00149
    Free Member

went for a leather flip case for my smart phone. theory being provides better protection for the larger screen. Does make the phone bigger in the pocket but worth considering the expense of the phone in the first place

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

WTF???

STR, you revived a thread from 11 months ago to tell us what case you got for your phone!!!???

DickBarton

I went for the Otterbox case. It is chunkier but I can drop it, knock it or bash it and it still works. I tend to throw it in a bag pocket and forget about it. Also had the case mate tough, not as chunk and I thought less protective. It does make the phone twice as thick though…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Case for HTC Desire?’ is closed to new replies.