Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Carrot Cake Recipe
  • Flattyres
    Free Member

My Dutch mother in law had some fantastic home made carrot cake at the cafe at Loggerheads. She went home and trawled the net for recipe's but found lots of different ones and the one she tried was awful. Does anyone have a good recipe for moist but light carrot cake, or a link to a GOOD one you have tried?

It'd be much appreciated as I will get more nice post 'Dutch' ride cakes to go with my coffee 🙂

Flattyres
    Free Member

Thanks for the link and apologies for forgetting to do a forum search before posting 😳

allthepies
    Free Member

Made the White Room one last w/e. Took a while to grow on me but grow on me it did (taste wise), will deffo do again.

verbal_kint
    Free Member

Swiss Carrot Cake
    300g castor sugar beaten with 5 egg yolks until light and fluffy
    300g grated carrot
    300g ground almonds
    2dl kirsch
    juice of one lemon, rind of two
    Mix all these together with sugar/egg mix
    sift in 75g cornflour, 15g baking powder, tbsp cinnamon, tsp ground cloves
    Beat 5 egg whites until stiff, beat 1/4 of egg white into the other ingredients to loosen them, then carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites, do not over mix
    put into 30cm base lined spring form tin and bake at 180c for minimum 50 minutes, may need more, when you take it out early and listen to the cake you will hear the bubbles bursting, when done it will be springy and quiet
    run a knife around the outside of the tin and remove the outer ring, allow to cool then slide onto serving plate
    use the juice of the other lemon and enough icing sugar to make a just stiff icing to cover the top allowing some to trickle down the sides
    If you can get them decorate with marzipan carrots

joolsburger
    Free Member

I made the white room one, was loved by all who tried it..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Carrot Cake Recipe’ is closed to new replies.