Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cardrona pump and jump track.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Phone lines are open for the chance to get funding for a pump track at Cardrona near Innerleithen. Phone 08716268814 to cast your vote. Going to be a great facility for the local kids.

stuartm555
    Free Member

bump

Northwind

Just voted myself. Not that I want a pump track, I just have a violent and irrational hatred of Curling :mrgreen:

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Done, took about 90 seconds. Beats weeks of backbreaking labour building my own.

mushrooms
    Free Member

voted.

Diane
    Free Member

Done

Prophet2
    Free Member

Done

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Nice one folks, couldn't remeber if the opposition was curling or bowling, either way…………. 👿

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

The curlers won. Boo!

Well done apathetic mtbers.

Diane
    Free Member

Pish innit?!

grumm
    Free Member

The curlers won. Boo!

That'll keep the kids off the streets.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Aye. Considering the amount of traffic on here, I thought we would have done better.

GW
    Free Member

since when did cardrona have streets?

scaredypants

just a thought, could thread title have said "please vote for…" or something (I've never heard of cardrona, so didn't open yesterday's thread but I'd have voted all the same 🙁 )

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

It's between Glentress and Innerleithen. There were threads on at least 4 other bike forums too.

scaredypants

Ah well – shame, but I guess you've a bit of biking up there already

I'm between Southampton and Salisbury – wish someone'd vote for us to have one

GW
    Free Member

scaredypants – you have shedloads of BMX tracks already

Scotland has about 2

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i don't get it. you have glentress and innerleithen and you still need something for the kids to ride? it'd go the way of bmx tracks soon enough if it was ever to get the funding (by which i mean overgrown and under-used)…

Northwind

Shame, wonder how many votes they got for their daft minority sport?

MrK, neither Glentress or Innerleithen is particularily well suited for kids,

GW
    Free Member

MrK – What do you mean by kids? Cardrona is a tiny village between Glentress and innerleithen and the main road between the two is not something you'd like your kids to cycle along.. if built properly, a pump track can be made to last – I do agree it wouldn't get used too much after the initial interest tho.

Northwind – Bollox, GT has a purpose built skills loop for beginners/kids a new green route especially built for families/kids, and easy blue route that most 7yr olds could do (accompanied by an adult) and the red is a scalextrix track. not to mention the 3 easy free ride trails and the weekend kids club run by the Hub.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

yeah, i guess there's poor infrastructure between cardrona and GT, which is a real shame. it just seems to me that there are far more impoverished areas – both cycle-wise and in general terms.

Northwind

GW, going to have to agree to disagree I guess but the climb from the carpark alone is a big ask for younger kids. If the skills loop was down at the hub then it'd be different but as it is, it really needs a car journey for a young 'un. Depends what you mean by "kids" but the new development would have been local, and it'd have been suitable for the average primary school kid on a cheap BMX, and GT's neither. If you're talking about teenagers, then sure.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You are right I should have worded the title differently. GT is great for kids, I take my six year old and drive up to Buzzards nest then we do a bit of this and that and then ride down to the cafe, with somebody else bringing the vehicle down. Also I think the pump track if done right would have been a big hit, you seen how many kids they have at the skills sessions on a Sat morning? I think they are mostly Primary School age.

tomcrow99

Just heard they got the funding as the project with the most votes that didn’t win its own face off.

Good stuff, will have to see what they can do with the cash.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cardrona pump and jump track.’ is closed to new replies.