Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cardiff – family stuff to do?
  • Alex

Taking my 12 year old to the big Lego store for her birthday present. What else is good to do in Cardiff? Got a 10 year old in tow as well. Somewhere good for lunch would be an excellent start! Ta.

Pigface
    Free Member

Head down to the Bay and not sure if Technoquest is still open.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Second Techniquest

Cardiff Castle is also worth a look (Although a tad expensive).
    Cardiff Museum (free I do believe)
    Leave them in the Lego store then go riding?

Alex

tempting.. but best not. I think they’ve done technoquest with school but will check.

seanoc
    Free Member

Techniquest is great, but really busy on the weekend.

The swimming pool is good, but again really busy on the weekend.

There’s a Doctor Who exhibition in the Redragon Centre if your kids are into that.

There’s always free shows kicking off at the Welsh Millenium Centre down at the bay if your kids are into the arts. whilst you’re there you can visit the Senedd (National Assembly for Wales) and hire a rickshaw and visit the barrage (pretty impressive); on route there is a really cool park, bmx street area and outdoor gym with a climbing wall and footie nets(that kids love).

Not sure if Boulders and the Climbing station (Treforest) do ‘drop in’s’ but if they do that is a great way to kill a couple of hours.

Jamie’s for lunch; definately worth a small wait and a very slight price hike over alternatives. About 100 yards from the Lego store.

Hope that helps.

Alex

Great stuff. Thanks.

greeble
    Free Member

big lego store?

its tiny!

worth going to the water rafting center down the bay.
    Cardiff Museum
    Techniquest!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cardiff – family stuff to do?’ is closed to new replies.