Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Car Wiper blades
  • dawson

Is it worth bothering with cheap ones or just order some Bosch off ebay?

Has anybody used the ‘flat’ type?

thanks

maccruiskeen

Much as I’m loathed to say so…. £3 blades from tesco have been really good for me. I’ve very intolerant of wiper blades if they don’t work really well, bought some tesco ones as a get-me-home fix and got more than a years worth of wear out of them, replaced them with more tesco ones.

dawson

haha! hope they didn’t leave blue and white stripes on the windscreen?? 😉

windydave13
    Free Member

I’ve just this minute finished fitting some new ones. I always went bosch but the last pair haven’t lasted that long. I’ve gone cheap and cheerful from ebay and they seem to clear the screen fine. Saying that i have put the old ones in the boot just in case they prove useless on the A1 tomorrow night 😉

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330613762144?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2431wt_1188

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I got mine off wiper blades.co.uk.

Really good, cheap enough and fitted well better than the £3 ones from the “cheap” shop.

-m-
    Free Member

Bought some Bosch ‘normal’ blades for my last car on-line and paid less than Tesco cheap blades. They seemed OK, but new blades always seem so much better than worn out ones that it’s difficult to comment!

Having swapped cars recently I ended up getting some Bosch flat blades. The fitting to the wiper arm is massively better than some generic Tesco flat blades I’d fitted to another car a few years back.

JonBurns
    Free Member

Yep recently got some flat own brand blades from wiperblades.co.uk and they’re great much cheaper than halfords alternatives. Arrived the following day when ordered early afternoon.

dawson

thanks all.

had seen some of the ‘flat’ type, but they look a bit flimsy so will stick with some traditional wipers.

CountZero

I finally replaced a pair of noisy blades after I found that the noise was the blade flexing and causing the metal end to scuff the screen. I needed new blades quickly and thought I’d try the Halfords flat replacements, as it was one of their regular blades causing the problem. Fantastic difference, they’re silent, really clear the screen efficiently, and I’m totally impressed with them.

rickmeister

Tesco flat ones here on the T5 and working well after a year. very happy…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Bosch flat ones have been my longest lasting blades, recently made the mistake of replacing them with Goodyear ones which are noisy and judder for the first couple of wipes when cold.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Flat blades are ace, way better than the traditional metal things IME.

MrGreedy

Another thumbs up for Wiperblades.co.uk – using their own brand flat blades on my Zafira and they’re fine.

tony24
    Free Member

Same as above flat blades from wiper blades.co.uk on my van for over a year and still clearing brilliantly. Better than metal frame imo

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Just remember that there are fake Bosch blades on ebay.

The tesco blue boxed ones are utter pish ime – mine rusted to hell and had epilepsy cleaning the screen after a few months.

Champion or halfords are pretty good and cheapish. Or of course Bosch.

The advantage of flat blades I think is that ice doesnt freeze up the pivot thingys that are on normal ones.

Northwind

My Bosch ones haven’t lasted well at all, not too impressed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Car Wiper blades’ is closed to new replies.