Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Car selling and daydreaming
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

So the MX5 has to go – best on ebay, Autotrader or gumtree?

Worth patching/painting some wheel arch rust? (I’ll be touching up various paint blemishes anyway)

For its future replacement, what’s fun to drive, cheap to run, and young enough not to need heaps of welding for every MOT? Suggestions from last thread that look good include Panda 100, Lupo gti, Clio 172, Barchetta. Elan prob too soft/costly to run.

legend
    Free Member

eBay and Pistonheads worked for me, nothing to lose by putting an ad on Gumtree too.

For you other question, why not just re-read your old thread? http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/mid-life-crisis-car-on-a-shoestring

hora
    Free Member

Could be better to wait a month or two- MX5 would raise more in the sunshine months?

stumpy01

Previous shape Fiesta Zetec S

jimjam
    Free Member

OP, other than “fun to drive” what do you want to achieve from this car? Fun is a fairly subjective description. Plenty of cars that offer different levels of engagement and different kinds of thrills.

unovolo
    Free Member

Retrorides is a good ‘Free’place to list your car plus MX5’s are popular on there if priced right, plus you may get inspiration for something else like a Polo G40 for example,or a Lotus Esprit on air ride.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/

kcal

Fabian would be a possibility, non?

m0rk
    Free Member

I trawled MX5Nutz ‘wanted’ ads when I was selling my MX5 – was gone within 24hrs

I went to a Clio 172 Cup but all those listed should be ‘fun’ but slow compared to the 172

Not sure if Swifts or SEAT Arosa Sport’s are on budget for you for pocket fun.

deejayen
    Free Member

I think summer has arrived. I spotted an MX5 sandwiched between other cars on a used car dealer’s forecourt a few months ago during the dead of winter. On Saturday the sun made an appearance, and the Mazda was parked across the entrance.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Pistonheads for me, particularly where it is something “interesting”, like an MX5. Autotrader was a waste of time – expensive, and took ages before it went live. The people who came to view our Scirocco were through Pistonheads.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Could be better to wait a month or two- MX5 would raise more in the sunshine months?
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO #

It may sell quicker or get more views but I’m my experience of selling 3 soft tops (2 x mx5) they don’t really get more £.

I’m currently selling a celica, listed today in owners club on Facebook and had 2 enquiries. I’m sure there will be an mx5 one. eBay and Autotrader can be hit and miss.

cynic-al
    Free Member

jimjam – Member
    OP, other than “fun to drive” what do you want to achieve from this car? Fun is a fairly subjective description. Plenty of cars that offer different levels of engagement and different kinds of thrills.

I do mostly B road driving with 1 passenger at most, the MX5 was a bit noisy on motorway stuff but I guess that may be the compromise.

I don’t need it to be fast, just handle well and offer good engagement…seems I can get a <10yr old hot hatch that fits the bill – it doesn’t look like I can get a convertible that will not be a disappointment after the MX5 so I may as well get something a bit practical.

Edric64
    Free Member

That grey car is hideous looks like a Delorean cut and shut

Merak

Heathan ?

Robz
    Free Member

You could maybe try advertising the MX5 on a hairdressing forum or suchlike…
    😉

For replacement I suggest BMW E36 Coupe 6 cylinder (325, 328 etc.) Cheap as chips, sound awesome and great fun drive.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hilarious, informative and relevant – pick zero

jimjam
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member

That grey car is hideous looks like a Delorean cut and shut

It’s just the angle, and the way it’s sitting on the bags. The Esprit is a great looking car.

Robz
    Free Member

I thought you wanted a fun car that was cheap to run and wouldn’t need heaps of welding?

In which case my suggestion is both informative and relevant.

So that’s three from three.

jimmy

Toyota MR2? And a GoPro. I’ll do some vicarious living if you do.

murf
    Free Member

Suzuki Ignis sport, you’ll google it and then scoff! Go drive one, mine was the closest car in terms of fun that I’ve driven since I had an MX5, an absolute hoot! (And got 45mpg on a decent run…)

TheFlyingOx

it doesn’t look like I can get a convertible that will not be a disappointment after the MX5

Don’t know what your budget is, but you get a lot of car for £5000 in the form of an S2000…
    http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/s2000/honda-s2000-16v-ap1/3787614

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Car selling and daydreaming’ is closed to new replies.