Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Car Radio Codes, Recommend a website?
  • spooky_b329

I have a Renault Clio II radio that doesn't have the code recorded in the car documents…have found websites ranging from £3 to £15 for the code, just wondered if anyone can recommend any or know of a reputable source.

Its my sister-in-laws car, she has already tried the Renault dealer she bought the car from, they claim its the number on a barcode stuck to the back of the book but she has tried that and it won't go in. They weren't the original seller of the car when new so I suspect they don't have the original details on file.

Thanks 🙂

showerman
    Free Member

tosh, if it was supplied with the car from new it should be on renaults data base(whoops we are talking french) Ford dealers just need the serial number off the body work and thankyou sir.

antigee

mrs antigees renault had battery changed and the code in the service manual was wrong – went to local renault dealer with V5 doc (proof of ownership cr&p) originally asked for £10 "for admin" but then decided would take too long to do the invoice

as to web ok if you want to take the radio out which i wouldn't try

edit ps – this dealer wasn't the original seller of the car they did it on line

rich-6
    Free Member

Checked the service book on the inside cover?

Mines stamped in tehre along with the chassis numbers etc 🙂

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, def no code in the documents. Radio came out with a couple of small pointy objects in the holes, very easy 🙂

Have just found a thread on moneysavingexpert forums which looks like a go-er… http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=28244659#post28244659 for the benefit of anyone else who stumbles over this via Google.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Car Radio Codes, Recommend a website?’ is closed to new replies.