Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Car hire challenge – can you beat £197.11 for 6 days hire (from London)?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Well, can you? 🙂

Hiring a car for this weekend, best I can find is £197.11 with Argus Car Hire (manual Ford Fiesta), thought I'd see if the STW hive mind could save me a few more pounds 🙂

Need to collect in central-ish London (Kings Cross, Tower Bridge etc)… all help appreciated as always STW, a pint of virtual bitter to the winner (or maybe even a real one if I'm driving past this weekend 🙂 )

trail_rat
    Free Member

first up – you get 6 day weekends – what line of employment is that 😉

psychle
    Free Member

There's a couple of days leave in there as well 🙂 I'm in travel, we work a 7-day roster and it works in my favour occasionally 😉

keppoch

I've just hired a van from Enterprise over Easter for five days for £120 using this discount link, but then you are looking in London so may be not as good.

http://click.specials.enterprise.com/?qs=bd6b6024ee19e3234b07842124f001bd244601f3750f89093dfb1f55cb6c15214af3b38222af5392

keppoch.

psychle
    Free Member

cheers Keppoch, unfortunately that's no good for London (all 'sold out' at that rate, unsuprising really).

ojom
    Free Member

Take the Argus deal and when you get there ask for an upgrade.
    Ergo a better 'value' deal.

Thats what i do.

konabunny
    Free Member

Yes, yes, I can…if you're willing to take the 15 train to Croydon from London Bridge/Victoria. If you are, "The Garage" offers 89 quid for old Nissan Micra to 145 quid for new Skoda Octavia. Everything in between depends on size and age. Added bonus: if you get the Octavia, it's probably got a Minicab sticker which means no congestion charge…

http://www.thegaragecarrental.co.uk/minicab.shtml

vinnyeh

Priceline. £130 for an Aygo from Victoria. Couldn't be bothered looking for other London pickup locations.

You're a travel agent aren't you- Surely somebody'll give you a car for nix, or close to it?

psychle
    Free Member

you'd think so wouldn't you, but unfortunately not 🙁 things ain't as good in the travel industry as they used to be 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

hmmm, tried Priceline.co.uk (cartrawler I guess?) and it's giving me a price of £200+?

odannyboy
    Free Member

get any old banger off ebay with a months tax and mot.insurance is the only bother/cost.if your knocking on you could be ok tho.

sell it on ebay when your done for parts or complete (if still in mot/tax)….potentially you could end up quids in…potentially that is….

konabunny
    Free Member

sorry – should have added: the company i linked to above isn't just a minicab rental place, it's a normal hire car place too. 15 minutes!

vinnyeh

probably the dates you're searching- you didn't specify. If you pick up on the Wed for 7 days it shows as £129, if you pick up on the Thursday for 6 days it shows as £203. 😕

psychle
    Free Member

that's brilliant Vinnyeh, I knew I could count on STW to help out 🙂 Silly how it's cheaper to rent for a week instead of 6 days 😆

Hmmm… wonder if I should go for a Golf for a little bit more…

psychle
    Free Member

the company i linked to above isn't just a minicab rental place, it's a normal hire car place too. 15 minutes!

Good call as well Konabunny, thanks for the suggestion. I think Vinnyeh wins though, a new car with unlimited mileage for £130 is pretty good! Plus it's 5 minutes from my door 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Car hire challenge – can you beat £197.11 for 6 days hire (from London)?’ is closed to new replies.