Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Car ECU's
  • duckers
    Free Member

Got a peugeot 306 with what looks like a knackered ECU, anyone know a cheap place to buy one new/recon and get it re-programmed?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Depends what’s up with it I guess, if you’re sure it’s just the ECU the 306 units are pretty dumb IIRC, ebay will probably find you one for under 50 quid but you’ll have to match the exact same ECU type as even year to year they swapped pinouts and sensor types which could play havoc.

craigxxl
    Free Member

What’s the actual problem you’re having? Last time I had a Peugeot the dealers tried convincing me I needed a new ECU at £540 plus fitting and programming due to an intermittent misfire on start up. I did my own digging around and came to the conclusion it was the coil pack that was failing. £80 later and fitting it myself problem solved and never used a main dealer again.

coffeeking
    Free Member

never used a main dealer again

Is about the best advice you could give anyone! Never trust them. But yes, what is the problem?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Try ECU-Doctor – they’ll fix your one (probably).

duckers
    Free Member

Thanks guys, waiting for a an autodiagnstics check (not by a main dealer!!) but misfires, cuts out, dashboard lights going nuts, clock going nuts, rev counter ans speedo flicking up and down randomly, dash light staying on when I turn the ignition off and pull the key out. Driving home the other night and there was a smell of electrical burning, then it all started kicking off, luckily I managed to get it home. I am hoping its something inexpensive like an electrical short somewhere but from what I’ve read it looks like the ECU.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d be willing to venture a guess at one of your major earths having gone down but that doesn’t cover all the issues there.

craigxxl
    Free Member

+1 Earth problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Car ECU's’ is closed to new replies.