Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Caprica
  • shreck
    Free Member

Anyone watching this and what are your thoughts?I think it's good so far and going to get better.

bassspine
    Free Member

looks good so far. I was surprised they brought the cylons in so early.

Mark

Loving it! So far it's been excellent and looks to be a worthy prequel to BSG.

heresjonny
    Free Member

I wanted to get into it but struggling as it is to keep up with, Heroes, Lost, Shameless, Survivors, Fringe back on soon, Flashfoward, still have prison break on hard drive to watch, Caprica will just have to wait !!

IdleJon

Enjoying the first 3 episodes.

I've haven't watched any of the new Battlestar Galacticas – are they in the same vein? Worth watching?

BTW, what's with all the smoking in Caprica? There's absolutely no need for it, and it jars, for me anyway.

It amused me that the Citroen DS seems to be the best they could do as a future, sci fi type car. Retro sci-fi?

Mark

BSG is in a similar vein only in so far as the story and characters are what carry the series along. The Sci-fi bits (space ships and battles and stuff) are secondary. The smoking doesn't sit well with me either but I guess the rationale is to avoid the cliche that the sci-fi genre reflects a more perfect society than ours. In short I guess it's in there to add 'realism'.

Watch BSG! It's well worth it.

IdleJon

Mark, I was wondering if the makers of Caprica had been given a bung to promote smoking??

I'll make an effort with BSG.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I've not bothered with Caprica since the 'New' BSG lost its way after the 3rd series and ended badly.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Caprica’ is closed to new replies.