Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • canyon strive es9.0
  • canyonman
    Free Member

Just ordered one of these but not being delivered until may, wondering if anyone has one or experience of one and what they think of them ? Got a great spec for the price and I think their customer service has improved endlessly recently

skywalker
    Free Member

May! 😯

That is ridiculous.

canyonman
    Free Member

I know but the Europeans are lapping them up so wait times are high !

bwaarp
    Free Member

Eh Nukeproof Mega’s are going be available with a similar spec build for less money in about a month. I’d go mad waiting till May if I had the 3,229 Euro’s for the 9.0 ES. Why’d you order it without researching first? Are you sure the geometry is what you want?

canyonman
    Free Member

I did months of research, test rode lots of bikes and decided what I wanted. I wanted the strive but didn’t want to wait then thought if i get something else it will he a compromise an I’ll have wished I had waited.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Fair enough then man, if you like the way it rides there’s no need to ask other peoples thoughts. Whatever works for you should be the bike you run. The only time you should be worried is if there’s been a recall or significant reliability issues. Which there kind of was with my Mega but the potentially badly designed chainstay was replaced with the new design for free.

IMO the Canyon looks like a nice bike. Even having a bike that you like the look of and enjoy owning will make you enjoy your investment more, buying something your unhappy with even visually can lead to buyers remorse. As long as it’s reasonable buy with your heart, my head said get an Orange 5 but I’m glad I went with my Mega. I’d have never been happy with a five.

Hope you get the bike on time, it’ll be just in time for the summer 😀

canyonman
    Free Member

Thanks bwaarp, well I’m definately heartset on the strive and am confident its gonna blow me away, was just wondering if anybody that has bought one is as happy with it as they hoped they would be, obviously different riders are after different things from a bike so be interesting to see what they wanted from it and whether it performed well enough for them. May is a long time away ance I have a weekend booked for northwales 2 weeks before I’m ment to get the strive to 🙁 but like you said its the start of summer so there is plenty of riding to be done !

bwaarp
    Free Member

Just be patient, perhaps have a swing over and a try out of an SC Butcher, Nukeproof Mega, an Orange 5 or an Enduro if you get really inpatient.

The Euro’s rave about the Canyon. Google is your friend here.

marco
    Free Member

Hi
    I have a Strive 8 which i bought in May/June last year and love it. I would happily wait until May to get one, you really wont be dissapointed. Especially just in time for the (hopefully) good weather.
    It rides much better than i expected and i will probably never get the best from it. Very versatile and looks ace too. I had a Trek fuel ex8 before so a big difference but well worth it. Enjoy the ride and dont forget to post when you get it. May will come around soon enough

Stranga
    Free Member

There was a mini review on the Dirt site back at end of Nov, beginning of Dec sometime.

tomaso
    Free Member

There is also the difficult that if you were to buy another brand of bike you’d have to change you user name too :mrgreen:

Yetiman
    Free Member

There is also the difficult that if you were to buy another brand of bike you’d have to change you user name too

I haven’t owned a Yeti in years…..

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Canyonman, and other Strive owners – can I ask if any of you are of gangly 6’4″+ proportions? If so I assume you went for a Large.

I am wanting one but having looked at the geometry and comparing it against what I currently ride/have ridden I am thinking a Large Strive is the wrong side of a tad too small. I’d really like to see one in the flesh – so if any owners, particularly down south wouldn’t mind me having a look I’d be very grateful.

dexterbexley
    Free Member

The Dirt review is Steve Jones stream of consciousness stuff

I find my Enduro a bit short in the top tube – has anyone ridden a large Enduro and a large Strive for comparison?

canyonman
    Free Member

Whippersnapper, I’m 5’9″ and have ordered a medium strive, I have heard that the geometry can be quite cramped from canyon and im currently on an 18″ frame so a medium would be perfect. Good thing is with canyon if you enter you pps with them on the website and/or email them they will swap out stems, handlebars seatstays etc to make it a perfect fit for your body! Give them an email the guy at uk centre is very helpful.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

ta canyonman, I will do. Although it seems a shame to go put a crazy long stem on a bike like that, kind of defeats the purpose.

Anyway, have fun on yours….roll on May 🙂

justatheory
    Free Member

I’m 6,2″ and went for a large Nerve XC

crundi
    Free Member

Canyonman,
    I’m just shy of 5’10” and initially bought the Medium (last July). Coming from a 19″ frame I found the Medium slightly cramped but swapping the 50mm stem for a 70mm improved things. After constant fettling and comparing geometry dimensions I ended up swapping to a Large. In all honesty there’s not much in it, although the large gives a more stable wheelbase and a top tube longer by 25mm. I put a 50mm stem back on and the length is very similar to the Medium but with much more security on the descents. I also feel more ‘in’ rather than ‘on’ the bike.

I would say coming from an 18″ frame the Medium will probably feel great for you. Its a quality bike and performs amazingly out on the trails. After testing a number of All Mountain bikes I’m still glad I chose the Strive.

whippersnapper I’m at Peaslake village (Surrey Hills) car park most Saturday mornings if you wanted to try my Large around the car park?

whippersnapper
    Free Member

crundi, that would be ace. Although having read your post I am really thinking it is going to be too small. Could you email me (address in profile) so we could fix a day – not around this weekend but possibly next. Cheers.

crundi
    Free Member

whippersnapper If you look at the geometry of other bikes (Orange Alpine or the Nuke Proof Mega) designed around the upper end of ‘All Mountain’ or ‘Enduro’ you will find the top tube length on the short side. The Canyon is by no means ‘small’ just maybe compact although at 6’4″+ I’m not sure any bike will fit you?

cabbage84
    Free Member

I’m in similar position got to wait till end of may for my canyon frx 6.0 but hopefully it will be worth the wait and the saving over comparable bikes softens the blow

s10old
    Free Member

Your not to bad ordered the same strive es9.0 when they were released the start of october. Delivery has now been brought forward til the 1st week in April so total of 6 months didn’t realise I was so Paitent! Have to agree they are great value for money.

trauty
    Free Member

i ordered Strive ES8 – to be delivered mid may. uff. I hope all that waiting is worth it. I am 6ft1 and 85 cm inseam and pps opted me to go for medium , but after some time spent on fiddling with pps, I realized i should take large. canyons are indeed slightly smaller for their respective sizes. its always better to get larger frame and fit 50-60 mm stem , rather than medium frame with 70-80 mm one. look at standover clearance – only 4 mm difference between medium and large ,so inseam doesnt really matter yet it was inseam input number that made difference on pps sizing (86 cm inseam results to large).

s10old
    Free Member

Just got my email this morning your Strive es9 due to be despatched with 48hrs. Sooooo excited!

rondo101
    Free Member

Unfortunately the large ES8.0 is still showing delivery in 8 weeks’ time 🙁

And July for the 853 Prince Albert.

oldbloke
    Free Member

Been using a Strive ES8 since last June and really enjoy it. I’m 6’2″ and find the Large just right.

s10old
    Free Member

Went for large myself i’m 6’1″ and size finder kept giving me a medium but have large in previous bikes fit fine. Only problem now is I go on holiday next weekend and i’m going to be pinning for it. 😕

s10old
    Free Member

Finally arrived 1st ride last Saturday climbed suprisingly well and was excellent on the downs as well very pleased.

2012 Canyon Strive ES9

hughjayteens
    Free Member

How’s the Hammerschmidt?

s10old
    Free Member

Have to say I really like the hammerschmidt great for stopping and starting at top of trails drop it down to get started then put up when speeds built up that and the reverb seatpost make life alot simpler. As some have said before BB is low and can catch pedal on trails when pedalling just needs a bit of getting used to. Other than that i’m very pleased.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘canyon strive es9.0’ is closed to new replies.