Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Canyon nerve xc 6.0
  • gthurlow
    Free Member

Im undecided between two bikes that I want for my first full suss.

Lapierre x control 110 or canyon nerve xc 6.0
    Both 2012 models

My riding is xc trail riding nothing really hairy

The price difference between them is £30 but the spec seems better on the canyon?

Any help would be great

Thanx

bonj
    Free Member

don’t get a canyon, search posts by me for why, i’ve explained my bad experience with them on here in detail before

stanfree
    Free Member

Ive got a Nerve Xc 5 and love It , cant fault It at all . The only problem I had was with the poploc which broke but Canyon replaced It. They are very popular now as I saw 3 on my last trip to GT.

somouk
    Free Member

Yeah, Canyons are becoming more and more popular.

Ideally you should try and get a ride on any bike you are intending to buy just to make sure it suits you but I don’t think that will be easy with a Canyon.

As far as spec goes, I would be going Canyon.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why not get an Anthem X, better than both of those for XC riding

mcboo
    Free Member

My Canyon is excellent. My next mtb will be Canyon, so will my next road bike.

mistermouse
    Free Member

Bonj , a bit harsh to still knock Canyon based on your bad experience from a couple of years ago.

growmac

My gf has the 2011 XC 5, and has nothing but good things to say about it. I had a warranty claim on the pedal from my AM7, and it was handled quickly and easily by Cullan in the UK office of Canyon.

I’d not hesitate to recommend them, although remember the discount comes at the price of not having an LBS to fall back on for instant fixes. You pays your money…

gthurlow
    Free Member

can i only buy a canyon bike via there website though? arent there any uk dealers?

nammynake
    Free Member

Another vote for the Canyon. I’ve had my 2011 XC7 for about 6 months now and it’s been faultless. Used it for Mountain Mayhem, SITS, trail centres, proper XC and a week in Morzine, including the full Passportes route. I really can not fault it.

keefus
    Free Member

My Nerve XC 9.0 is due this week and I cant friggin wait. Small problem of a heart attack 4 weeks ago, a cardiologist, a cardiac rehab nurse and lord knows how many other folk I have ‘promised’ not to ride a bike until xmas day holds me back from teararsing over the Purbecks.

P.S Canyon only have an office in the UK.

justatheory
    Free Member

I bought the Nerve XC 8 six months ago. It’s early days yet but I’m pleased with it so far. I mainly ride in the Peaks and trail centres and I’ve yet to feel under biked. The spec for the money is hard to ignore and the frame appears to be well constructed and thought out, rather than just a lot of bling plonked on a rubbish frame. Only time will tell if the bearings last the course.

My only gripes so far are some of the anodising has rubbed off just above the fork crown. Most areas vulnerable to cable rub have been heli-taped but this area hasn’t. The grips weren’t great so i swapped them for lock-on ones. I’ve had a couple of crashes which have been withstood but Canyon have a crash replacement scheme, which provides piece of mind. Here’s mine:

bonj
    Free Member

Bonj , a bit harsh to still knock Canyon based on your bad experience from a couple of years ago.

well, i’m only reporting a factual account of my experiences.

You’re perfectly free to ignore that if you want.
    They *might* have sorted the problem I had out, then again they might not. Doesn’t hurt to check, if it’s something that concerns you.

It’s all about giving the op as much information as possible in order to make the decision. I’m by no means saying ‘don’t ever get a canyon they’re absolute crap’.

wwaswas

you been away bonj?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Canyon nerve xc 6.0’ is closed to new replies.