• This topic has 45 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Canon 5D mk III
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder what percentage of the market for these £3k cameras are is pros though? Do pros even use them or more expensive stuff still? Such as Mr Smith mentions I suppose, which answers that.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Do pros even use them or more expensive stuff still?

i use both as do most other photographers i know. medium format and 35mm digital.

but that’s not from a wedding/social/press/editorial perspective.

crazy-legs

They were showcasing the camera at the Focus On Imaging show at the NEC in the last few days. Couldn’t bloody move on the Canon stand.

Nikon had a similar crush for their new camera and to be fair, the Nikon stand was better designed to allow people to move.

molgrips
    Free Member

The medium format stuff must be too big for weddings/sports/harassing celebs etc I suppose.. studio only or landscapes….?

catfood
    Free Member

Lots of press guys have one, great files and full frame comes in very handy.

grum
    Free Member

23 megapixels?.. why? most people aren’t shooting for 48 sheet posters. The file size must be huge!
    You can get decent A4 prints from 6mps.
    My nikon D3s is only 12.5 and that plenty megapixels in my book.

Tell that to Nikon who just brought out the 36MP D800. I bet there was a time when people said 4 megapixels was all you would ever need. 😉

I don’t need 23 megapixels most of the time, for weddings I sometimes shoot in mRaw which I think is about 10MP – 23 (or even 36) would still be handy at times though. I’ve had clients ask for a shot to go on banners before.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Canon 5D mk III’ is closed to new replies.