Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CANNONDALE – hand made or Taiwan ?
  • TheSlider
    Free Member

WEIGHT is a BIG factor here, is their ANY differance ? (sorry I’m a weightweenie) Do I go for a 2010 hand made or the 2011 foreign build one ? Both look great and I just LOVE Cannondales so I’m (slightly) leaning to the last USA buid for sentimental reasons but realise just about every one else has their bikes built away somewhere so who’s got a ‘Dale recently ?

xcneil
    Free Member

Hi i’ve picked up this week my new race bike, which is the 2012 flash ultimate it is by far the best bike i’ve ever ridden and i’ve ridden/raced alot of bikes. I also have a 2011 superx carbon cx bike which again is a fantastic bike, so as you can see i’m a HUGE fan of Cannondale!

kongman28
    Free Member

Since the 2011 model year all Cannondale frames have been made in Taiwan. They’re then either assembled in Europe or Taiwan depending on the price point. If you’re referring to a CAAD9 (one of the last frames to still be ‘Made in the USA’) they’re an incredible bike but don’t be put off by the ‘Made in Taiwan’ sticker, the CAAD10 is far superior to a CAAD9 in both weight and ride.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

TBH I think I’d rather have a Made in Taiwan bike these days; the quality is fantastic for what you pay, and they know what they’re doing, after all they produce most of the World’s bikes…

Kuco

My new Cannondale supersix is built in Taiwan but it rides loverly.

rootes1

TBH I think I’d rather have a Made in Taiwan bike these days; the quality is fantastic for what you pay, and they know what they’re doing, after all they produce most of the World’s bikes…

+1

TheSlider
    Free Member

Good answers guys. It is a MTB I’m looking at but the same applies across the range so I’m feeling better about going for the 2011.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hand made?
    Taiwan?

Probably both!
    The Taiwanese build just as good bikes as any other nation, if not better, these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CANNONDALE – hand made or Taiwan ?’ is closed to new replies.