Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • cannondale flash 29er – any knowledge?
  • pjbarton
    Free Member

Hi. Does anyone have one? or know anything about them?
    can’t stop thinking I need one.

manxambassador
    Free Member

My mate has one and loves it places well in local XC events but then again he used to do that on his 26er too…

Farmer_John
    Free Member

I’ve got one – superlight, fantastic plush fork and goes like a rocket. What’s not to like?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Very nice, very light, very costly. They seem to be THE choice bike for the XC racers in Sweden.

Cannondale are also referred to as the Apple of the cycle world here, rather bizarrely.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I wanted one but the waiting list was way too long, like 16 weeks or something silly. Ended up with a carbon Stumpy 29er.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

They are in very short supply , the alloy Flash 29er 1 is sold out for the year with CSG , the Cannondale distributor , and other models are very thin on the ground .

Blackhound

The Flash 29er in this pic was purchased by a German in Canada the day before the start of the 2011 Tour Divide*. A quick spin and off to the strat line and he finished the race. He liked it.

* Could not get an alloy in Germany so ordered one for collection in Banff.

101_0130 by blackhound59, on Flickr

Pic taken before descent to Salida – so thats a load of 14,000 footers in background.

In fact both German based riders used Flash 29er’s.

pjbarton
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies – i’ve noticed it’s ‘cool’ to hate leftys like it’s ‘cool’ to hate iPhones… interesting.
    I have a rush with a lefty and I love it.

this German site seams to have knocked £200 off!
    http://www.biker-boarder.de/shopware/Cannondale-Flash-29er-Alloy-2-2012-L-47-5-cm-Magnesium-White-G…_en_detail_17854.html?sgCurr=GBP&campaign=googleBaseEN/Cannondale-Flash-29er-Alloy-2-2012-L-47-5-cm-Magnesium-White-G…

biker border anyone?

ratherbeintobago

Cannondale are also referred to as the Apple of the cycle world here, rather bizarrely.

Why bizarrely?

They’re expensive and need funny parts that don’t work on other bikes.

Sounds very like Apple to me.

Andy

DOI Own two Cannondales, one replete with Lefty & BB30 crank.

jimification
    Free Member

Here’s mine:

I absolutely love riding it – It’s flipping fantastic. Happy to answer any questions if you want to know more about them.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I think it was reviewed in a magazine called Single Track World a few months back

jimification
    Free Member

I thought the S/T review was a bit…I dunno..odd somehow

A couple of other reviews:

Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er 3 – first ride

http://pin-it-you-muppet.blogspot.com/2011/12/cannondale-flash-carbon-29er-ultimate.html

This forum is a good place for info: http://forums.mtbr.com/cannondale/

pjbarton
    Free Member

Jimification. Looks beautiful, any idea of total bike weight?
    I think im more in the ally 2 price area… You’re not near the peaks are you? 😉

pjbarton
    Free Member

So what did singletrack say? Where do you think the steering is Jimification, on the steep and twisty to relaxed and easy scale?

jimification
    Free Member

Hi, sorry I missed your Q’s: Thanks, it’s actually one of those bikes that looks much better in the flesh than in photos for some reason. I built mine up from a F+F, it’s about 9.5KG (with 450g of inner tubes).

Don’t have the mag here but I think the ST review was a comparrison between 29er HT / 26 full bounce using the 29 Flash / 26 Scalpel as a sort of case study. From what I remember it was kind of non-commital whereas I’d be really surprised if someone tried the Flash and didn’t rave about it (havn’t ridden a scalpel, so can’t comment on that).

The steering is pretty fast I’d say – head tube feels steep. It feels like a race bike, weight is quite forward really but you get used to it pretty quickly. Will write more in email, cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘cannondale flash 29er – any knowledge?’ is closed to new replies.