Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Cannock or FOD For A Day?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above really? Will be coming from Halifax so its either 2 hours to Cannock or 3ish I guess to FOD? Will be meeting a mate from Cheltenham so FOD is gonna be closer for him but Cannock will be a bit more in the middle…

ski
    Free Member

If you know the area FOD, if not Cannock and tell your mate you will meet him just off the M6 toll 😉

scruff
    Free Member

FOD is like Cannock Chase was 10 years ago- less braking bumps & less Audis.

Still think Chase has better trails away from the marked routes but FOD has bigger hills. Localism and amount of folks with 6 fingers gets a draw.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

FoD, far less Brummies

emac65
    Free Member

Brummies on the Chase ! They should stay over their own end……

Scamper
    Free Member

Only done the short red xc at FoD – it was nice enough. Mostly proper looking gnarr bikes in the car park, mind.

Rocket dog – came across your steps of doom last weekend when out for a walk along the canal with the family 😀

Garry_Lager

I think you’d need some local knowledge to get a day’s riding out of Cannock – you’d exhaust the marked loops pretty quick and one of them is a bit mundane. Saying that there’s some DH stuff there if you had an appetite for that.

tollah
    Free Member

Cannock sucks, even the locals stuff!
    FOD is so much better but you have to know where to go. Mind you if you just followed your nose from the cycle center and don’t cross any roads there’s miles of singletrack in that enclosure which is better than Cannock. Only issue with the FOD now they’ve opened the Verderers trail its starting to get full of trailmincers with armour that can’t ride for sh**e and the only thing they can do is make braking bumps.

votchy
    Free Member

Both areas require local knowledge to extract a proper days riding out of them

Cannock sucks, even the locals stuff!

tollah playing with fire 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cannock is winning then because I don’t want to bump into anyone riding some kind of bendy tubed, fat tyred, singlespeed freak bike 😉

OK, when I find out when I might be doing either of them, I might see if I can borrow some local knowledge for a day!

tollah
    Free Member

Cannock is winning then because I don’t want to bump into anyone riding some kind of bendy tubed, fat tyred, singlespeed freak bike

Fair point I suppose enjoy Cannock 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

If FOD wins, I’ll break out the singlespeed with the bendy bars and give you a shout 😉

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Cannock for a couple of hours. FOD for days and days and days…….

rOcKeTdOg

Scamper, you dirty bugger….oh, wait 😉

ASC
    Free Member

FoD for me. Last time up the Chase there was a Brummie riding a Fat tyred, Single Speed freak bike…put me right off the place.

_tom_
    Free Member

I prefer the dh trails at fod but dunno if I’d drive 3 hours for it. Cannock can be a good ride if you mix stile cop into the middle of the monkey. And fwiw last time i was at fod i saw some nichemonger on his rigid fatbike, he looked quite smug.

mboy
    Free Member

Cannock for a couple of hours. FOD for days and days and days…….

+1

There is good stuff at Cannock, it’s just there’s a whole lot more good stuff in the FoD. Sure, you need local knowledge to find a lot of it, but there’s a number of guys on here that know a number of trails. I know one or two, easily enough for a good ride anyway, plenty of guys on here know a lot more than that though. If you just pitch up at either place and only ride the waymarked trails (good as they are) you’re not doing either place justice.

There are places other than these two between Cheltenham and Sheffield. I’ll hastily mention the Wyre Forest, which has tonnes of great natural riding and as its in no way a trail centre (yet) its a lot less busy and the trails don’t suffer quite so badly as a result. Some brilliant riding to be had in there, much of it on a par with trails in the FoD (though the FoD is probably my single favouritist place to ride overall), and again this forum has a number of willing guides usually. Again, I know enough for a good ride or two myself, others know far more again. Would probably save you an hour in the car, and your mate will only have to drive about 15mins more than going to FoD too. You NEED a guide though for the Wyre, as you won’t find much at all without one.

singlespeedstu

Cannock is winning then because I don’t want to bump into anyone riding some kind of bendy tubed, fat tyred, singlespeed freak bike

Unless your shown round by one of those types you’ll not see them.
    They’re too busy riding all the trails the full suss mincers can’t find because they’re more than a mile from the carpark. 😉

scruff
    Free Member

They’re too busy riding walking down all the trails the full suss mincers can’t find trail fairies make because they’re more than a mile from the carpark.[i]following Keef[/i]

singlespeedstu

Is anyone daft enough to get stuck behind Keef on a descent though? 😆

Keef
    Free Member

Cannock is cack,don’t go there. mind you if you like short rides,and hanging around,Scruff’s yer man.

Stu,when you coming over to get stuck behind me again ? 8)

singlespeedstu

You want me to ride you from behind? 😯

Keef
    Free Member

er,I’m not Taz. 🙄

singlespeedstu

I’ve never riden with Taz. 😐

kinda666
    Free Member

You didn’t mind when you took ringo over bumderz woods…

Has it rained much while I’ve been in Jockland?

The cob was only fit for the bin btw… 🙁

Scamper
    Free Member

Heavy rain/hail followed by blue sky. And repeat for several days.

tollah
    Free Member

If FOD wins, I’ll break out the singlespeed with the bendy bars and give you a shout

No worries, if you think you’d keep up I’d even bring a bike with gears on 🙂

They’re too busy riding walking down all the trails the full suss mincers can’t find trail fairies make because they’re more than a mile from the carpark.following Keef

Keef’s a first class mincer and should really be in a 30sp FS skillz compensator with a full suit of body armour.

kinda666
    Free Member

A full face helmet wouldn’t go amiss either 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

😀

Keef
    Free Member

Tollah,still bitter about being out minced by a Brummie and a Yama ? 😆

Kinda,if past performances are any thing,you need a shoulder guard….

Keef
    Free Member

oh,and Kinda,wet as ****.

Keef
    Free Member

I don’t believe you binned that cob.

got ur fone back yet ?

tollah
    Free Member

Is yow speeekin a different langage to moi?

kinda666
    Free Member

I always had my phone, it was the charger that was in my bag..

The cob went in the bin at Bathgate station when i picked my bag up yesterday!!

Keef
    Free Member

Tollah, r.

pinhead
    Free Member

neither lad!
    if you live in halifax get him to come up and show him some real stuff.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Cannock or FOD For A Day?’ is closed to new replies.