Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cannock chase tomorrow
  • popmatik
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m planning a trip to Cannock tomorrow ad was wondering if anyone had been recently as how it’s looking after all the crap weather. Anything to be aware of? Any diversions around the trail?

Cheers in advance for any info.

rOcKeTdOg

Puddly and gritty

somouk
    Free Member

Make sure you clean your bike properly after, wet cannock mud is like toxic waste!

adi66
    Free Member

I was there on Tuesday…. I love the place but the trails are getting proper torn up… Lots of braking holes, and that takes the low out of some of he best bits there!

There is also a diversion about a 3rd of the way round ( by the big fire road cross road just after the “pixi” bridge and just before the big up down- oh **** – sharp left fire road blast, think its on the monkey. The diversion takes you o the left, and down to the bottom of the section before the north cliff decent.

So: the braking holes are a nightmare, there’s a diversion, and the polished pebbles are PROPER slippery, but you’ll still ave a blast !

adi66
    Free Member

Oh and as some says, if it’s wet say bye bye to your brake pads, and keep an eye on your bearings etc… Cannock is made of ” cutting paste” lol

crush83
    Free Member

Was there on thursday. Just as adi66 described it really, the braking bumps nearly killed me in the wet on my hardtail and used over half my pads on the one ride! Sintered pads next me thinks!

popmatik
    Free Member

Cheers for the update guys. I know how Cannock loves a chew on the brake pads. I went through a set in a ride there!

Anyone been to degla lately? Maybe that will be less abrasive?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannock chase tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.