• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Del..
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cannock Chase
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Apparently a local quarry will be donating 500 tonnes of sand and gravel to help maintain the trails.

Tops marks, that should sort out at least one of the braking bumps! 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dangerous things them there braking bumps.

honeybadgerx

Well if more folk helped out trail building…

llamaknob
    Free Member

Braking bumps, blah blah blah,just pick a better line or ride hardtail,then you wouln’t have a choice.But good news anyway:)

mbarnes
    Free Member

That’s cool. Cannock is my most local centre (still an hour away) but its pretty much all I ride. Personally I have no issues with braking bumps. Maybe thats my lack of knowing better but they never seem to get in my way

Kuco

Well, there’s plenty of natural stuff to ride.

100mphplus
    Free Member

They have lots of sand and garvel already that’s why the trail gets blown out!! What they need is some ‘binder’ like clay or clayey soil to stick it all together 😉

mbarnes
    Free Member

Sorry I meant its all I really ride trail centre wise, although living in rugby I do struggle for natural stuff close by. Hmm new thread time

nosedive
    Free Member

I like the braking bumps. surely they also put off the youths in caps and tracksuits hanging around in groups of 15 smoking fags and trying to look hard.

Toasty

They have lots of sand and garvel already that’s why the trail gets blown out!! What they need is some ‘binder’ like clay or clayey soil to stick it all together

They do this already, as well as experimenting with all sort of surfacing on the new sections. All the rain + frost + traffic tears it up quickly so it’s a lot of work, even now the Monkey is getting a bit behind, the new reinforced end to the Tackeroo section is looking good though apparently.

A lot of it is just the amount of traffic they get though, more than the vast amount of Welsh/Scottish trail centers due to the positioning. It’s the nearest trail center for more people than anywhere else.

It’s mainly volunteer maintained by a small few people, as well as not getting the masses of tourism funding Scotland/Wales get.

chrispo
    Free Member

I love Cannock and have never been troubled by braking bumps there, don’t know why people make such a fuss!

composite
    Free Member

Went for a ride up there today, my first time in ages. The 3 rocky bits on the back loop of monkey (not the rock gardens at Upper cliff) seemed more technical than I remember them being. It was like some of the surrounding earth had been washed away leaving more rock exposed. Maybe just bad memory? Took a small spill there, was particularly annoying as it wasn’t the rocks per se. I clipped a tree with the handle bar.

Was the first time I had taken my new full susser up there and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I have in the past on the HT, felt loads more flowing. Dunno if that was the bike or that I have improved quite a lot in the last 6 months since the last time I went.

It would be great if a few of those berms were a bit smoother but I’m really not complaining, don’t have an issue with the braking bumps either.

Del.
    Free Member

Are’nt braking bumps caused by the ” I don’t know how to use my brakes correctly brigade” 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase’ is closed to new replies.