Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cannock Chase on a singlespeed
  • tobyho
    Free Member

We are visiting friends next week near Cannock. Last time we were there I took my geared bike (Orange R8) but this time I was thinking of taking the SS.

From what I can recall there were only a couple of hard climbs on the Follow The Dog trail (didn’t have time to do the Monkey).

I’m not an especially strong rider – just liking my SS at the moment and wont mind pushing the bike a couple of times if I have to.

What do you reckon ?

chainslapp
    Free Member

A friend of mine did it all (Monkey included) on his SS with no problem and there are many on here that have too.

Haze

No problem

Dyffers
    Free Member

No problem (someone will be along in a mo to tell you I’ve never cleared the lot).

Even if you need to walk the steep bits they’re only 50ft long.

mudplugga
    Free Member

No probs unless its really muddy.The switchbacks are a pain.

I_Ache
    Free Member

As you may have gathered plenty have done it. I tried it but because I am slow going up and reasonably swift going down I had to push up and span out on the way back down. That was on 32:16, I would probably have made it up the hills if I had an 18 on the back.

letmetalktomark

I rode there last weekend on a 32 x 16.

It was uber wet and some of the tighter climbing bits required walking due to loosing grip on the many roots and pebbles in the trail.

I imagine in the dry its a real hoot 🙂

Rad to the power of sick ^^^

postierich
    Free Member

32:16 in the wet are you mad! 😀

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yawn, this thread is right up there with today’s “SPDs for Cannock Chase?” If you cant ride a midland’s trail centre on a singlespeed or clipped in then it’s back to 3×9 and V8s.

Yes, you’re right, I shouldnt have clicked….

letmetalktomark

postierich – Member

32:16 in the wet are you mad!

😆

footflaps

I’ve ridden it in dry, wet and snow on 32:16 – it’s pretty straight forward.

Keef
    Free Member

nooooooo !!!! you’ll die horribly.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Even I can do Follow your dad ss and I’m rubbish- I have to push a bit on monkey though (well quite a bit actually!)

Bing
    Free Member

xckeith1 – Member
    nooooooo !!!! you’ll die horribly.

Damn it, beat me to it!

Chris-S
    Free Member

Cannock Chase on a singlespeed ?

depends on your tyres I guess!!!

singlespeedstu

Don’t be stupid.

Everyone knows it’s impossible to actualy ride a singlespeed no matter how flat and easy the trail is.

Singlespeeds are for sitting outside cafes with.

weeble
    Free Member

Is there another sort of bike you can ride on the Chase??

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve heard some people do ride on it on a SS, they aint very quick tbh…..but then that could apply to anywhere….

BigJohn

The Cannock Chase permits cost less for singlespeed, that’s why so many people do it.

singlespeedstu

I hear if you ride there with gears you end up taking yourself way to seriously. 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase on a singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.