Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canfield nimble 9
  • GlennG
    Free Member

Any body got a Canfield nimble 9, if so what are your views?

5’11” ish and looking at a medium, geometry seems to be pretty good, if you’ve got one what forks, running gear do you run?

charliedontsurf

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__t5LgPHnkE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Great descender, nice XCer too.

Dead easy to get the front wheel up.

1×10. 32t front around 36t rear… Climbs everything with ease.

100mm manitou forks. Keeps the head angle agile.

The new batch of medium frames are due within three weeks ish. And feel free to try our large demo… It’s ace.

charliedontsurf

Taken from…. http://blistergearreview.com/recommended/the-29er-debate

The problem really comes from two very different sets of riders trying to pull one type of bike into two different genres. All discussion of these bikes—for or against—should hinge on (1) what you’re riding and (2) how you want to ride it.

But this is changing. Companies like Canfield Brothers are designing 29ers (like the Nimble 9) with aggressive geometry for the skeptical downhillers. What Lance and Chris Canfield (owners and both downhill racers) did was design 29ers the way they wanted them to feel: fast and, well, nimble. The brothers spent 12 years dissecting chain lengths, geometry, and turning ability to get their bikes where they are.

“Geometry is all we’ve ever focused on,” Chris said. “The first 29er I ever got on turned like a semi-truck because it was so long. The head-angle was like a road bike. We wanted our 29ers to feel responsive like a 26, with a short chainstay, so we could wheelie and bunny hop. That’s the type of guys we are.”

The Canfields are convinced. They’ve done their damndest to marry the benefits of the 29er (fast-rolling, good grip on all parts of the trail, and excellent roll-over) to the benefits of the 26er. Soon, we’re going to see if we are, too, by testing either the Nimble 9 or the Yelli Screamy and finding out what BLISTER reviewers think.

And look at. http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/29er-hardtail/canfield-brothers/nimble-9/prd_449236_1548crx.aspx

Clink

I managed to get a 2nd hand frame – it’s great.

Running ss with rigid fork. Climbing ss I’ve not lost traction yet – just run out of puff 😳 Nimble (!) in singletrack too.

I would definitely recommend them. The only issue (which I already knew about) is feet hitting chain/seatstays due to them being short and wide. I’m running square taper so just put in a 122mm bb which has sorted it.

Oh – I’m 5’10” on medium running 90mm stem.

GlennG
    Free Member

Cheers CTBM and Clink for the replies.

Have put a deposit down with CTBM’s man servant for med Nimble 9 on the next batch in, have read every review I can find and checked geometry, dimensions, etc against my other bikes and all seem pretty cool geo/size wise, doesn’t seem to be any negative reviews?

Going to run it with 1×10 and 100mm fork either RS Reba or Fox F100 both with thru axle and a set of pro2 evos laced to Crest Arch rims, should be sweet!

charliedontsurf

“man servant”?

That’s crashy the shop human and minister of stuff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canfield nimble 9’ is closed to new replies.