Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you help with my RC36 Proclass 2 forks?
  • doog
    Free Member

I’ve picked up some Pace RC36 Proclass 2 (non-lockout) forks recently with the assumption that I’d be able to find the manual/maintenance info somewhere on t’internet. In fact I can find very little, just the parts diagram on the Pace website. From this I’ve at least figured out how to adjust the pre-load and damping, but I’m mainly interested in changing the travel from 80mm (as it is at the moment) to 100mm. I think I’m supposed to move a spring around somehow, but before I take them apart and poke around I thought I’d see if anyone on this esteemed forum could give me some guidance – for instance where this exciting extra spring is and when I reassemble them will I need to put some oil in the legs: quantity, weight etc. Or am I totally mistaken about the whole thing!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

From what I can remember, upping the travel was a case of buying an upgrade kit for the 80mm versions?

vernon-sez
    Free Member

Hmm, i think there was a spacer to switch. I think my old ones were 70-90mm adjustable.
    http://mtb-kataloge.de/html/manuals.html
    This may help (not sure it’s same year)

Vern

vernon-sez
    Free Member

ps: u can spend hours on that www – great stuff to browse thru on the main archive pages…

saladdodger
    Free Member

email me and I will scan you a set of the overhaul instructions

slowoldgit
    Free Member

You’ll need circlip pliers, btw.

Speshpaul

what salidodger said if for some reason he doesn’T 😉

doog
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. That website is great… took me right back seeing the ’94 Kona brochure. I must still have that somewhere kicking about, I’ve certainly still got the Lava Dome (my first ‘proper’ bike). I did always flick to the Explosif page though… still do to be honest.

Saladdoger: ygm
    Slowoldgit: Thanks for the tip. I’ll be knocking on my neighbour’s door!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can you help with my RC36 Proclass 2 forks?’ is closed to new replies.