Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • can someone recomend me a good bmx
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

need a bmx for my son to ride to school on, dont know anything about them, brands etc

can someone recommend me a bike for him, thats basically not a cheap jobby.

juiced
    Free Member

diamond back IMHE are very good value. Have a look at the new 2010 ( or 2009) Mr Lucky's ( DJ bike so no pegs) but discounted at various places and cracking spec and value.ie full cromo frame, forks, bars, decent rims 3 pc cranks,etc. Would be hard to beat these at the price (although iirc the tt is 20.75 inches so not super short).A cheapo jobby with a hi tensile frame could be had at a baragin prices for school duties though and is likely to have a shorter top tube too, if your son is small. Would be heavy but most are unless you start to spend. I would say a Mr Lucky is a Good BMX, although I have no experience of the more higher end ones,where you get a lighter bike, or additional strength for a given weight.

jedi

price range?

marty
    Free Member

you know you want to…

juiced
    Free Member

for the price ( ie quite cheap)I like this, although no doubt there are more respectable brands out there

http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/17695/DiamondBack_Accomplice_Bike_2009

langy
    Free Member

marty beat me to it…

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Haro are a good name and quite reasonable
    Others in that ilk are Felt, Eastern, We the people
    Saying that I got my son a cromo X rated from Halfrauds and took the stickers off and he is uprating the bits to suit himself

macmclaren
    Free Member

Got my lad a We are the people – for crimbo, awesome bit of kit.

He loves it 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

any WTP as above are awesome. i have a trust and its solid enough for a grown man who should know better.

yetiguy
    Free Member

thing is his bike is a "good one" (santa cruz) and i dont trust letting him out on it on his own, could get mugged stolen etc.

So i just want to spend £250 or so on a bmx that he can pootle about to the park and school etc.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Subrosa Tiro – £239 from CRC.

Currently building up a DTT and very impatiently waiting for my brake/pedals to be delivered – todays brakeless ride with borrowed pedals was good though 8) .

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Mongoose are also ok and have a bit of street cred (or so my 13 yr old lad says)
    Best to try Alans bmx or winstanleys bmx for deals

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘can someone recomend me a good bmx’ is closed to new replies.