Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Can open, worms everywhere
  • Cougar

Following on from the gym topic, WRT ‘mixed’ changing.

I sometimes see fathers taking young daughters into the gents to use the facilities. Presumably mothers take boys into the ladies too. Where do we stand on this?

In the absence of dedicated parent & child facilities, I think I’d be more comfortable with a mother taking a young son in the gents, rather than me having to use a urinal with small girls wandering curiously about. Seems more appropriate from a toilet-training perspective too.

What do other readers think?

binners

You can tell you’ve not got kids. Once you do, any distinction between male and female toilet facilities you previously held, soon evaporates.

As well as most other aspects of your behavior that generally tend to constitute ‘dignity’

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t care, I’d be fine with mixed everything.

wwaswas

What do other readers think?

I think when I used to take my daughter out on my own I’d rather have taken her in the gents with me than me go in the ladies with her.

she did try and wash her hands in a urinal the first time I took her in a gents after she could walk.

If we were out as a family then I took boy in gents and wife took daughter in ladies.

Once she was able to sort herself out (6 or 7 – old enough to be ‘trusted’ anyway) I let her go in the ladies on her own and waited outside.

yunki
    Free Member

what binners said

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have sons but basically what Binners said…nothing quite like th experience of letting your child have a poo in a rain grid at the side of the road …I wish I was joking

lowey

Excellently put Binners. I fully endorse that!

wwaswas

we had one of these for a few years with our youngest, proved very useful;

Mike_D
    Free Member

I sometimes see fathers taking young daughters into the gents to use the facilities.

Until they’re old enough to take themselves into the ladies, there’s not much option.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Ditto binners.

It’s a system that’s worked perfectly well since the beginning of time. Or at least since public conveniences were invented.

Only a berk would complain about a parent taking their 3-year-old into the loo’s.

There’s absolutely no need for special parent/child-specific facilities.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My son likes to run into the ladies and have a dump before deciding that he cant wipe his own arse. Only does it when I’m the only one there though.

I am saddened that there i nothing special about woman’s toilets. Does make me wonder why they feel the need to go there in pairs though.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Until they’re old enough to take themselves into the ladies, there’s not much option.

Why should it matter anyway?

GrahamS

Yep, binners nails it.

What I found more annoying was having to go into the female loo because that’s where the baby change was. Surprisingly common even in these enlightened times 👿

saleem
    Free Member

Binners+1
    My mate took my eldest son to the loo when we were at a restaurant years ago, only to return shouting as he got to the table that my mate hadn’t washed his hands, everyone looked towards him, red faced and full of denial, kids always tell it the way they see it.
    Aways makes me laugh the way they shout at the top of their voices to you when you’re stood on the other side of the door.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Why should it matter anyway?

Not sure why you’re addressing that to me — the OP seems to have an issue with it, though.

s
    Free Member

Just get ready for you daughter to ask the following question…..

Dad – what are those men stood up over there doing?

😉

Mike_D
    Free Member

“They’re having a wee.”

Not so hard 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

When I go swimming I try and make a point of going into one of the little private changing booths if there are any small girls in the changing room.

(Dont want to scare them)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sorry wasn’t really directing it at you, just using the quote.

Not so hard

One would hope.

s
    Free Member

Mike_D – Member

“They’re having a wee.”

Not so hard

Followed by…

Can I do it that way too Dad

😉

Ro5ey
    Free Member

When I’m with the kids I just use the disabled.

Loads more room and generally much cleaner.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh if you want a real can, I shall have one in a few weeks time when my son’s swimming changes to half an hour later. Then I’ll be returning to the changing rooms with him whilst the following school group is using them (from previous experience they’re always running late). The thing is, the boys use the male changing room, the school feels they need adult supervision, and they don’t have any male teachers…

joemarshall
    Free Member

Swimming pool changing rooms are the same, just take them in the changing room based on the gender of the parent. Simple.

Sometimes the guys at ours moan a bit about older kids (5 or 6 yr olds, there’s an age limit which is 8 I think) pointing at people’s willies and laughing, but frankly if you’re worried about anyone looking at your cock, you could always use the cubicles provided and shower with swimming stuff on (at ours in the gents changing they have cubicles and an open central bit with benches, but most people use the central bit and just change out there).

In quite a few more modern swimming pools than ours, I’ve noticed that they just have a single large number of cubicles, which seems fine, although removes the social changing room banter thing that a lot of the older serious swimmer types seem to get up to.

The baby change in the ladies thing is dead annoying. If there’s no baby change at all, the ladies is sometimes better anyway, because there’s less likely to be piss on the floor of the cubicles / exciting looking urinals to poke curious hands in.

geetee1972
    Free Member

What I found more annoying was having to go into the female loo because that’s where the baby change was. Surprisingly common even in these enlightened times

Really? I love doing it. Any chance for a perfectly justifiable perv!

Cougar

You can tell you’ve not got kids. Once you do, any distinction between male and female toilet facilities you previously held, soon evaporates.

You say that, but it doesn’t; if it did, you’d see men with daughters and women with sons equally.

the OP seems to have an issue with it, though.

I don’t have an issue with it at all. I just thought it might be an interesting talking point. I’d be quite happy with unisex bathrooms.

Mike_D
    Free Member

Can I do it that way too Dad

“You can try, but you’ll have to wipe the floor afterwards.”

🙂

Sorry wasn’t really directing it at you, just using the quote.

Ah. As you were 🙂

nsdog
    Free Member

Jeepers what with this and the ball shaving thread you lot are the biggest bunch of prudes ever.

Tender parts are just normal and the sooner we get away from this religiously induced fear of showing or discussing our bits the better. Come on STW HTFU!

GrahamS

When I’m with the kids I just use the disabled.

I do that on my own. You can’t beat the comfort of a handicrap.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

😆

ncfenwick
    Free Member

I’ve got a four month old daughter so I’m finding this thread quite educational!

philconsequence
    Free Member

I’d be quite happy with unisex bathrooms.

yeah yeah…. thats the changing room equivalent of ‘I’ve got a black friend’

racist!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just think Phil – the next time you take a sneaky peak at the guy next to you in the urinals… it could be a kids face looking back at you!

bigdaddy

‘You can’t beat the comfort of a handicrap’

Snigger…

Mike_D
    Free Member

I don’t have an issue with it at all. I just thought it might be an interesting talking point.

What is this, the Jeremy Vine show?

/looks around

Ah. As you were.

emsz
    Free Member

Unisex changing rooms at pools are hateful. I used to take my pervy little brov into girls loos when he we a toddler. I think I may have warped his little mind they way he carries on now

Bunnyhop

In the baths I take my nephew to, the age limit for taking him into the female changing room is 7.
    Now he’s 8, he’s trustworthy enough (I hope) to sort himself out and come out with the correct clothes on from the men’s changing room.

crikey
    Free Member

You funny English/British people with your laughing and embarrassment at peoples bodies.

It’s a wonder you manage to actually procreate…

chakaping
    Free Member

nsdog +1

It’s nothing they haven’t seen before. Get over yourself.

But much as I wouldn’t have a problem taking my daughter in the ladies’ changing, the other customers would probably rather have young boys in there than dads.

Cougar

wonder shame

Cougar

the other customers would probably rather have young boys in there than dads.

… that’s kinda what I was asking, really. Would they?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Can open, worms everywhere’ is closed to new replies.