• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Can do attitude
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is always nice to see.

after seeing the vids on this thread I thought I fancy a bit of the nevis range red action – I wonder if we could take the tandem?

so I emailed them to see what they said – doubtful it will fit on the gondola but they are willing to give it a try. No “no you cant” or “don’t be silly” – just a willingness to give it a try.

Now all I need to do is pursuade mrs TJ its a good idea 🙂 We did manage a decent attempt at laggan lower red. From the vid there is a few bits we might have to walk but not too much of it. Might be rather slow and mincing tho

soma_rich
    Free Member

It always brightens my day when people dont look for an excuse to stop you or help if they can.

Good on them.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Laggan is great on a tandem:

nbt

Rigid forks. 😯 ‘spec!. We had to put bouncy forks on ours.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice one! How did you do on the red?

We found it hard to have enough bottle to carry enough speed on the rocky sections – and Mrs TJ took one look at the slab and said ” don’t be so stupid”

Fun tho and if we go again we will make a better job of it

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nevis Range also have a relaxed attitude to H&S on lift equipment?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

” don’t be so stupid”

To be fair TJ, she uses that expression with you so often that it sometimes seems like she has a weird form of tourettes. 😀

Perhaps she was talking to you about something else.

debaser

Always refreshing to get a response like that rather than a flat out refusal.

Still waiting to see you and Jedi take the tandem down Caddon Bank 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

😯 Fair play what no beer, fair play!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Ooops posted that without the rest of the post! I was going to say that’s not me on it unfortunately. Ask ‘Fortunateson’ how he got on. Think it was tough but good fun, a lot of trust needed!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Nice one. on both parts, good for you having a go, and them. Why not, just cos you’ve got the “wrong” bike” Pah! push the stuff you can’t ride. It’s all good fun, and where are The Rules?

nbt

From what i’ve heard TJ, the WC DH run is actually easier / less exposed than the red run, when ridden at “normal” speeds.

I fancy taking the tandem up to Gisburn, we coped ok round delamere at the weekend which is mostly singletrack – didn’t get round all the trees but no crashes (frantically touching wood)

Bunnyhop

– didn’t get round all the trees but no crashes (frantically touching wood)

Excuse me, we did fall off down that steep sandy chute. Luckily the leg and body armour saved me.

T.J. – Make sure the missus is armoured up. Let us know how you get on.

phil50
    Free Member

Do you ever swap places on that bike?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – you use body armour? Hips protection? its seems to be hips that cop it worst for the stoker.

WE so rarely go to really rough / tricky places that it seems daft to buy body armour for 2 or 3 times a year. However we have reached a point that either we stop progressing / slow down a bit or armour up.

dunno

Northwind

That’s pretty cool. Have to say I don’t think it’ll work, but I hope it will. I could do you a loan of some pads if you like? I’ve got spare knee and hip stuff, no elbows though.

Heh. If you do it, I could loan you my video camera too for the naysayers, or for the public enquiry 😉

nbt – Member

From what i’ve heard TJ, the WC DH run is actually easier / less exposed than the red run, when ridden at “normal” speeds.

It isn’t easier. Less exposed maybe, because of all the raised boardwalk on the red but I reckon the average level of the DH is about the same as the hardest bits on the red, and it has some bits that are a lot more committed. Still, most riders that are comfortable on the red could get down the DH one way or another, perhaps skipping some sections, it’s not as bad as you’d assume.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

“don’t be so stupid”… To be fair TJ, she uses that expression with you so often that it sometimes seems like she has a weird form of tourettes.

That really would explain an awful lot.

wrecker
    Free Member

Mega!
    I love to hear ” I’ll give it a good go” no matter how doubtful the outcome. Positivity Is infectious!

jedi

me and tj will ride caddon bank its just finding time 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One day Jedi – we will fly. I have a full power ranger suit waiting

jedi

yeah deffo. i just want to do it 🙂 it’ll be funny as ****

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Next time you up this way

jedi

yeah deffo

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Can do attitude’ is closed to new replies.