Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can anyone identify these cranks?
  • Mintyjim

Hi,
    When I bought my beautiful Dawes Super Galaxy Twin tandem earlier this week the guy had a cracking little old Muddy Fox Courier Comp with Campy gears and these cranks as the highlight. So I bought it, harking back to my early days of mountain biking when I couldn’t afford anything but lusted instead…anyway…

The chain rings are Pace but I’m not sure about the cranks, there’s absolutely no markings on them. Anyone know them? Will go to retrobike shortly but I thought I’d try here cos this is the site I always use.

Cheers

ton

possibly white industries.
    but i may be wrong.

andrewy

My first thought was White Industries too.

Rik
    Free Member

Arms look like mk1 Raceface Turbine cranks but don’t recognise the spider. Could be though

Mintyjim

I’m convinced they’re White Industries, I think the spider is too intricate, their cranks, if memory serves me correct, where one piece forged..

compositepro
    Free Member
    amedias
    Free Member

Old raceface – 100%

(cos I have another identical pair in my loft…)

PJM1974
    Free Member

As others have said, there is a hint of the Race Face about them. Wherever they’re from they’re damn pretty though.

Mintyjim

cool, thanks guys. Was going to sell them but they’re so nice (photos do not do them justice) that I’ll probably keep them for an Alpinestars retro build one day…

messiah
    Free Member

As above, they are Mk1 RaceFace Turbines – be aware you will need a HUGELY LONG bottom bracket for them as they are not low profile.

Mintyjim

that’s cool Messiah, the bike I bought has the BB and it is massive! Just need to get the bastard out of the frame now!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone identify these cranks?’ is closed to new replies.