Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Can a cake be gay ? Northern Ireland Equalities Act ruling
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

sorry which religion we talking about here?

Pick any you want. Stalin didn’t like any of them.

D0NK

I’m sure you know that isn’t what I meant gobuchul you cheeky wee scamp.

gobuchul
    Free Member

D0NK – I am not sure what you meant?

Slowoldman seemed to be suggesting that Stalin’s purges were a good thing!

D0NK

I meant murder genocide and persecution were historically religious activities.

Slowoldman seemed to suggest getting rid of religions was probably a good idea but no one has tried it since stalin, that’s a long way from saying Stalin’s method was a good idea.

Northwind

jonm81 – Member

Jimjam, so if you went into a known Muslim/Hindu/Sikh bakery and asked for a cake saying “support Christian beliefs” you would fully expect them to make it? Following the original decision they would legally have to. How do you think they would be treated by their community if it was then published that they made a cake directly denouncing their own faith/beliefs?

“support christian beliefs” isn’t “directly denouncing their own faith/beliefs”.

jonm81

How do you think a Muslim/Hindu/Wee Free baker would be treated by other members of their religion in those circumstances?

I think they may well face some recriminations from more ardent believers whether that would be boycotting the shop or removed access from places of worship. I also think some christian nutjobs would react the same is a christian baker said support an alternative faith.

“support christian beliefs” isn’t “directly denouncing their own faith/beliefs”.

but it could be viewed as such (by the more hard of thinking believers) for saying support an alternative belief system.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Can a cake be gay ? Northern Ireland Equalities Act ruling’ is closed to new replies.