Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Can a bird lay an egg in flight?
  • SiB
    Free Member

Along the same lines – can you sh!t when you’re walking (without stopping)?? I dont reckon you can, anybody tried?

Harry_the_Spider

Greg Lemond famously kept on cycling in the TdF despite suffering diarrhea, thus avoiding a “stop and go” time penalty.

A friend of mine got Nick Craig’s wee up his front during the Isle Of Man End to End last year.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

SiB, see the Jackass sketch for same.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Maybe its something to do with the low air pressure at altitude – you know, higher pressure inside bird, lower pressure outside – out pops egg!

Kinda the opposite effect of when you’re trying to have a crap while swimming (go on – I know you’ve all tried it at some time in your life)but the water pressure won’t allow you to pop that log out!

You see what I did there – cleverly weaved together the bird/egg thing with the sh!t theme…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Kinda the opposite effect of when you’re trying to have a crap while swimming (go on – I know you’ve all tried it at some time in your life) No, not all of us but the water pressure won’t allow you to pop that log out! so how come my kids can shit in the bath then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

your kids swim in your bath ?

perthmtb
    Free Member

so how come my kids can shit in the bath then?

Pressure is a function of depth, your kids probably rise to periscope depth before firing their torpedo, others prefer to launch their polaris missile while lurking at depth and let it float to the surface under natural buoyancy, and that’s when the water pressure becomes a problem 😀

Harry_the_Spider

My daughter once nipped one off as we’ve lifted her out of the bath. It landed on her brother’s head.

I think it may have been deliberate.

SiB
    Free Member

Never tried sh!tting in water but I cant fart whilst pedalling, got to freewheel to get it out. I blame it on the energy bars

perthmtb
    Free Member

I cant fart whilst pedalling

Isn’t that what the ‘valley’ or hole in the middle of a racing saddle is for – or have I got that wrong…

Harry_the_Spider

The hole/”love groove” is there should you wish to light it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

perthmtb, I am obliged for that knowledgable explanation

magsielodge
    Free Member

We’ve had a very similar experience this evening. We were driving along a quiet road. No-one around. Then an egg landed on the widscreen from a great height. It sounded like a rock hitting the glass. It was a large egg. There was a bloke walking down the street and we immediately assumed he’d chucked it as he passed the car, but my husband turned the car round and we went and asked him. He was as freaked out as we were and covered in egg – he assumed we’d thrown it at him! It definitely seemed to hit us from above and fell out of the sky ?from a migratory goose.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Unlikely as November is way outside the breeding season for birds. Where were you eggsactly when this occurred?

DavidB
    Free Member

Outside Edwina Curries house?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I too have pondered a similar question. Mine was “can a human being perform a bowel movement while sprinting at full speed?”

Thankfully Raab Himself answered that question for me.

Do not press play if you’re of a sensitive nature. It is rather graphic.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itw7C_cALSI[/video]

brodie
    Free Member

God bless Raab Himself, where would we be without him!

CountZero

I have read of pregnant women giving birth while running in terror from extreme events, I think it was recorded about Pompeii or Herculaneum, but I’m sure people and animals in extremis will, if you’ll excuse the expression, ‘drop what they’re carrying’.
    Unfortunate if you happen to be ground zero… 😯

brodie
    Free Member

I shat and vomited at the same time once, no extraordinary circumstances I was just really ill.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Brodie. Ta. Ruined my cheeseboard.

Mantastic
    Free Member

How come he ruined you cheeseboard? Did he shit on it whilst vomiting? Or vomit on it whilst shitting?

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Can a bird lay an egg in flight?’ is closed to new replies.