Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Campsites near Keswick or elsewhere in the North Lakes?
  • MattF

Can anyone recommend any? I’ve found Castlerigg Farm but the rules of the site are fairly extensive…

timber

place at SE corner of Ullswater, near Patterdale, forget its name, Side Farm?

Anyway, good views, simple but tidy facilities inc. washers/driers. Limited level ground though, but still a favourite site

TomB

C and C club sites at Keswick (by the lake, excellent for walking in to pubs, shopping etc) and lots of riding from there, and at Troutbeck- way out in the stix between keswick and penrith, good for riding up helvellyn! We use the club sites elsewhere with our young family after experiencing too many drunk fighting partying all night experiences at others (what is it with chavs and camping?)

Others- scotgate at Braithwaite, bottom of Whinlatter, Castlerigg Farm- my mates parents run that one, it’s good, and a few up Borrowdale- hollows farm, stonethwaite etc.

(I live here, so not tried any myself!)
    Tom

BadlyWiredDog

Campsite at Hollows Farm at Grange in Borrowdale. Nice, easy going and right on the Borrowdale Bash as well 🙂 About five miles from Keswick.

Side Farm at Patterdale is in a great location but the whole bloody site is on the tilt, it’s quite hard to find a level pitch particularly if it’s a busy summer weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Campsites near Keswick or elsewhere in the North Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.