• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ajf.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Campag hiddenset headsets?
  • ajf
    Free Member

Looking for a new headset for my bike and it takes a 1″ headset so choice is limited.

Seen a campag record headset for but it says it is hiddenset. As I know campag is notorious for compatibility issues. Can anyone tell me if a hiddenset headset could possibly cause any real issues or is it just a name for a slimline headset?

p.s if anyone wants to swap a condor 1 1/8 ahead headset for a 1″ I am all ears.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my Cinelli. Its a type of integrated headset, where everything just sort of drops in… What kind of headset does your bike need?

The campag tech document has the details of what type of headtube it fits: Clicky

ajf
    Free Member

Well just a plain 1″ headset really. If it is integrated does that mean you need a compatible frame?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Yup, if its compatible the frame has little ridge just inside the headtube that the top part sits on. No headset tools required. Have a look at page 15 on the pdf linked above.

ajf
    Free Member

cool cheers for that, looks like it won’t work. Last thing I need is another internet purchase I don’t need.

Back to the shopping

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Campag hiddenset headsets?’ is closed to new replies.