Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)
  • cameron….how long has he got
  • rOcKeTdOg

economy on it's knees….clock is ticking Dave

monkeychild
    Free Member

I for one am getting the lube ready.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

less than a year before the coalition collapses – first major EU issue and its bust.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think he's probably busy making a cup of tea at the moment whilst sifting though Gordon's internet browsing history on the office PC.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The media will give then a few weeks then start looking to prise open cracks.

postierich
    Free Member

God have mercy on our souls and wallets now the Tory pigs have got their snots fully in the trough!

Oh 8 months see you @ Trafalgar Square for a demo 😀

backhander
    Free Member

zaskar
    Free Member

Dunno just watch and see what happens-which could be anything.

rOcKeTdOg

must be galling knowing nobody trusted him enough to get a majority and that he's had to go cap in hand to Nicky

PM's question time might be entertaining

backhander, those are't grapes fella

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm happy.

stylish
    Free Member

he obviously wanted to be in by 9 to watch episode 2 of Luther………..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

err it's pretty weird. Nice to see the machinery of our constitution working tho.

backhander
    Free Member

Ohh Luthers on.

postierich
    Free Member

Backhander them grapes have just gone up by 10%

clubber
    Free Member

Me too. Got exactly the outcome I wanted.

Oh, one to two years I reckon. Three at a push.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if they will repeal IR35.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

If he has a good few months…I daresay he'll abandon all ties with lib dems and call an election to go for an overall majority. if not, they're gonna have to take it day by day and see what happens.

MSP

I think that tempered by the libdems, it will probably be a more successful government than if the torys had won an overall majority. I certainly hope so, I would like to return to the uk one day.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Well I'm open minded erring on a positive attitude to what the future might bring. What's the point in being negative? Cam's not a bad bloke.

tron
    Free Member

4 years by the sound of the fixed term election stuff…

br
    Free Member

Not sure, as the raising of the base tax code to £10k will be supported by all parties and Cameron can easily kick the voting issue into the long grass, otherwise known as a committee. I reckon he's got 18 months before and real issues will raise their heads.

And its only a problem, if the Tories make it a problem – they can get any legislation through, as long as they have LibDem support.

binners

6 months before the whole house of cards comes tumbing in. It'll be his own rabid right-wing bacbenchers that'll bring him down before the Lib dems even get a look in

kimbers

Id definately like to see the lib dems tempering the cons more right wing leanings, i still think we need a rise in employers NI and vat, as well as cuts in the public sector and here id like to see the lib dems make sure that the cuts arent too deep too quickly.

looks like lib dems got marriage and inheritence tax breaks!

im guessing the first big issue will be the bailout of greece are we contributing or not?

oh dear ive just heard osborne will be chancellor, lets hope he exceeds my expectations

camerons test will be in placating the shadow cabinet ministers the incoming lib dems are forcing out and whether he will be able to placate the old guard over the PR thing
    i expect the press will give him an easy ride to start with anyway

molgrips
    Free Member

Cam's not a bad bloke.

He comes over as one. The way he behaved in PMQs was nothing short of disgraceful. Politics of bluster, implies to me that he wants to be in power for the sake of it, not because he really believes he has ideas to make the country a better place.

allthepies
    Free Member

Rar Dave!

iDave
    Free Member

Gideon is chancellor – god help us all

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

binners – Member

6 months before the whole house of cards comes tumbing in. It'll be his own rabid right-wing bacbenchers that'll bring him down before the Lib dems even get a look in

Teh tension between the swivel eyed xenophobes and the Lib dems will be the ruin of the coalition – its the obvious fracture line. Cameron is beholden to the eurosceptic right so has to appease them – but that will infuriate the lib dems

Unless he has pulled a masterstroke and given the lib dems responsibility for Europe and / or foreign policy

tiger_roach – Member

Well I'm open minded erring on a positive attitude to what the future might bring. What's the point in being negative? Cam's not a bad bloke.

Well we shall see and I think his insticts are good – however he is beholden to the tory right and to Murdoch – paying them back and keeping the lib dems on side will be very hard. Look for the BBC being dismantled and our isolation in Europe.

hh45
    Free Member

I agree with TJ and binners – combo of bitter and twisted back benchers and european issues (could the Tories be any more wrong on Europe?) will set them all off. That and the media picking holes and stirring it up. 6 months before they are on the back foot, 18 months before in real pooh and 3 years out on their ears. Shame really cos I voted Liberal this year and 2005 and predicted this coalition when noone expected it 18 months ago but the Tories just do not have the policies, the intellectual firepower or the heart for running a sinking a ship such as UK 2010 and the Liberals aren't big enough to stop it going wrong.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

4 years at least …. hopefully a lot longer …

Just by Thankful we didn't get the war crim BLIAR back

Now that would have been a nightmare

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That's me worse off then. Guess I better go and cancel the summer holiday now…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I reckon he'll have no problems with his new Liberal MP chums. But the Thatcherite back bench committee will give him hell.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble Thanks nick. Thanks a lot.

druidh
    Free Member

Zedsdead – Member

What government was going to be any different?

goon
    Free Member

we didn't get the war crim BLIAR back

Come the next election I'll vote for the first party to make this 'pun' a capital offence….

druidh
    Free Member

So TJ – who do you reckon for Scottish Secretary?
    With 12 Scottish seats, do you think that'll reduce the "no mandate" line?
    With Scots now governed by the 3rd and 4th most popular parties, how do you reckon the next Holyrood elections will pan out?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Yay! We can have riots again!

alwyn
    Free Member

26th July Talkmada!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hadn't thought about that. IIRC the one scottish tory is a useless lump so maybe it will be one of the posts the Lib dems get. Kennedy?

So thats about 30 % of the vote for the lib dems and tories combined in Scotland IIRC – maybe 35%. Gives them a tad more legitimacy I guess.

Next holyrood elections – SNP gains I think. Straight fight SNP / Labour with tories as irrelevant as ever but a few leb dem seats. I think the Scots electorate has quickly become sophisticated and understands how to use different votes in different ways

fatboyslo
    Free Member

[quotewe didn't get the war crim BLIAR back
    Come the next election I'll vote for the first party to make this 'pun' a capital offence….[/quote]

too close to the truth ?

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

And you weren't under Labour? Really? Lucky you. I am much, much worse off since Labour. Thank you Gordon.

I think it will be interesting to see how this one pans out. I think Cam has done a good job so far in trying to get a coalition – not entirely sure Clegg has been as helpful or constructive as he could have been (was possibly holding out for a dela with Labour, but in the end decided that a share of power at whatever cost was worth more in the end). Maybe it will last 6 months. Maybe they will see out a couple of years. It all depends how bug the differences are when it really matters.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘cameron….how long has he got’ is closed to new replies.