Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Camelbak bladder – a strange thing has happened
  • cinnamon_girl

I have a Camelbak 'pureflow' bladder and it has been leaking. Double checked the seal was tight enough and that all looked fine. I removed the bite valve for washing and then noticed that the inner liner had wrinkled so bite valve wouldn't fit flush.

This appears to have a lifetime warranty so I will put this to the test. Has anyone else had this happen?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope but my bite-valve leaks so I've always gotta shut the lock thingy or I get soaked

Olly
    Free Member

platypus bite valves are a billion times better.

a billion!!!

trailmonkey

I think you'll find that they are 1 less than a billion times better but I've no idea what that number actually is.

cinnamon_girl

I use a locking one with a cover. Are bite valves interchangeable?

z1ppy

I've had this happen, I used to have a backpack that I couldn't get the bite valve and lock-off through the hole in the pack, so had to remove it every time I used it (to fill and empty). Mine was an older camelbak which didn't have the lifetime warrenty (or so I thought?), so I first cut of the offending piece of tubing pas the issue but eventually bought a new tube.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

FYI, the warranty is for the lifetime of the till receipt, which given their eminent losability and thermal printing is not long 🙁

Bunnyhop

Yes mine did this.
    I now have a deuter streamer bladder. Instead of a screw top (which I always found quite strenuous to open), it has a fold over bit then a slidey thing.
    The end also has a cover for the bite valve, which won't fit through the holes of the old camelbac easily. I prefer this version.

gnarlynath
    Free Member

no, but it's happened in a part of my tubing and makes it hard to suck through.

oldfart

CG i had problems with my bladder as well !!!(ooh matron ) e mailed Zyro the importer (mine was leaking around the filler cap ).they told me to take it to LBS ( i bought it in the states 4 years ago )just been in now and they have replaced it FOC .really didn't fancy paying £25 for a replacement .Just found a spare bite valve that might do at a push for the weekend .Do you want me to bring it with me ? I'll stick it in some Miltons if you want it .See you tommorow !!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I removed the bite valve for washing and then noticed that the inner liner had wrinkled so bite valve wouldn't fit flush.

this happens to me every few months or so, and I just cut off 1cm of tube to get a clean end again…

billybob
    Free Member

this happens to me every few months or so, and I just cut off 1cm of tube to get a clean end again…

So how long will it take until your tube is too short to use?

cinnamon_girl

oldfart – thanks very much but it's actually the tube. See you in the morning!

I guess I could give it a trim as sfb does.

Of course I could have invalidated the warranty by using energy drink and thus contaminated the plastic 🙄

Thanks for the replies everyone 🙂

nbt

My LBS sent my bladder off to the wholesalers when it developed a leak – I paid for postage as I not only didn't have a receipt, as far as I could remember I hadn't bought it from them. Got a replacement bladder back a week later, with my lockvalve in a little plastic bag as they don't come standard one new bags.

CG, let us know if you do try for a warranty, I have a tube that seems to have done the same thing – I swapped it out for a spare tube that I have. the delamination appears to have spread quite some way down the tube though

molgrips
    Free Member

I've never had anything wrinkle, don't even know what you are talking about. Wtf are you drinking?!

cinnamon_girl

nbt – I use a lockable valve and that fits outside the tube. The standard bite valve fits inside the tube. Hmmm, could Camelbak wriggle out of this one 😉

molgrigs – nothing wrinkle you say? Lucky you 😉 I've been drinking red wine, how about you?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So how long will it take until your tube is too short to use?

once the tube is too short (2 more years ?) I have plenty more from leaking pre-lifetime warranty bladders:-)

Of course I could have invalidated the warranty by using energy drink

I've never had water in mine, I always have squash 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak bladder – a strange thing has happened’ is closed to new replies.