• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Camelbak?
  • el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Camelbak Cleaning – Do you just rinse it out or drop in a milton tablet (or similar) to sterilse?

uplink
    Free Member

Rinse it & stick it in the freezer

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Personally, I just forget to even empty mine, then frantically 'panic clean' it before my next ride. Just rub the mould off and try to ignore the unusual taste, that's probably the best thing to do 😳

elaineanne
    Free Member

milton or similar solution….

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

can you get a milton type thing that doesn't have the bleach/chemical taste.
    I guess it doesn't matter, as long as the taste of stale water has gone.

uplink
    Free Member

Why do you need to sterilise?

You only need to sterilise babies bottles etc. until they're around 6 months or so

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Occasionally I would sterilise it. I guess it depends on you put in. If you solely put in water then you don't really need to. I wouldn't put anything other than water into mine for ease of the gloopiness it would leave behind!

Jamie
    Free Member

Straight to the freezer, but then i only ever have water in mine.

elaineanne
    Free Member

uplink :::: cos if ya dont clean out the camelbak it goes black !!!! then you wont feel well at all… sterilising gets rid of any germs that may be lurking….,,ohhhh,.

uplink
    Free Member

uplink :::: cos if ya dont clean out the camelbak it goes black

Clean it? yes – sterilise it? not nessesary

None of mine have ever gone black & the current one is around 3 yrs old, I do put them in the freezer though

GreenK
    Free Member

I just rinse it out most of the time and hang to dry in the airing cupboard. I drop half a Milton tablet in once in a while when I remember or when I see black stuff coming out of the bite valve!!

You can buy Camelbak cleaning tablets that don't leave a taste but they cost about £9 for 8 so a box of 56 Tesco sterilising tablets for £0.76 makes a lot of sense to me even if they leave the great taste of chlorine. 🙂 A splash of fruit juice in the water masks the chlorine flavour.

whytetrash

Just rinse it out straight after a ride with hot water then hang up to dry..no mould no dodgy taste no lurgy…simples!

Forge_Master
    Free Member

Good call about freezing it.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Excuse me for being stupid ..but what does freezing it achieve?

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Kills bacteria

jimw
    Free Member

I have had mine for two years. All I do is empty thoroughly, both the bladder and tube, by shaking then hang up with the second gen camelbak drier (the two part one) and put the bite valve in the dishwasher. I have never had any black gunk appear, it always tastes fresh.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Camelbak?’ is closed to new replies.