Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Came home to find a…
  • pearlbaz
    Free Member

ferret in my garden. Its spooking the local cats and seagulls. I like it, and want to keep it, but the wife says if I keep it…she goes.

I'll miss her!

grumm
    Free Member

Ditch the wife – ferrets are cool.

davidrussell
    Free Member

teach it to cook and tell her to **** off

pearlbaz
    Free Member

oh….she'll love that one!

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

We had a stoat in out garden the other day, doing a funky dance whilst trying to catch the rabbits…..

oddjob
    Free Member

What sort of funky dance?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

They do a dance which hypnotises their prey so they can attack (so I have been told) It certainly kept jumping around on the spot, kinda flipping from side to side in front of the rabbits.

pearlbaz
    Free Member

I'd like to try to catch it, but it may nip me, and anyway I don't want to scare it away. Its great watching it foraging around in the garden…cats watching from a distance. He keeps looking at the cat, then carrying on with his foraging and scent marking. Not sure if he's used to cats or just itching for a scrap.
    Anyway, I left some water and dry cat food out last night…guess the cats ate it!

BlingBling
    Free Member

Are you Northern?

Watch the Whippet doesn't get a whiff of it or it'll be dogfood!

glenh
    Free Member

In the words of the Mac Lads: "up her like a ferrrrreeeet!"

allthepies
    Free Member

Was on a campsite a couple of yrs back when a bloke in a nearby tent was woken up by a ferret getting into his sleeping bag 😆

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Na, its a south coast ferret. Seen him two nights running…hope he's there again tonight.
    Guess he belongs to someone, or they've disowned him.
    I once saw a goth couple on Brighton seafront walking a pair of ferrets on leads. I thought it very strange, but now I have one, I may take to parading him in public.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I may take to parading him in public

Or better than that, engage in the noble art of 'Ferret Legging' 8)

Ignore the smart-arse comment at the end ….. what do yanks know about tradition, culture, and heritage ?

pearlbaz
    Free Member

One reason i've not tried to pick him up is a memory of a TV presenter a few years ago handling one, only for it to sink it's tiny teeth into his thumb. It obviously liked the taste, as it was reluctant to let go. He was close to tears by the time they prised it off his digit!

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Im not sure why but this reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer adopts the lobster and calls it Pinchy.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>Na, its a south coast ferret<

I know the type – shandy drinking, maypole dancing…

stumpy01

I saw a bloke near the London Eye walking a ferret on a lead – not unlike the pic of Homer above.

z1ppy

maybe it is a goth this, as I've seen a goth walking one when I was out riding – slide sliently up behnd her and told her she had a "nice ferret" as passed them… hey I thought it was funny @ the time.

M8 had some and they were kinda cool if a bit stinky.

carlosg
    Free Member

One reason i've not tried to pick him up is a memory of a TV presenter a few years ago handling one, only for it to sink it's tiny teeth into his thumb. It obviously liked the taste, as it was reluctant to let go. He was close to tears by the time they prised it off his digit!

more than a couple of years ago (check the haircuts :lol:)but do you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xHEj3Gk4Q

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Homer adopts the lobster and calls it Pinchy.

But why do you taste so good?

Great episode 🙂

pearlbaz
    Free Member

Carlos…that's the one. The one on the garden is exactly that colour too. Wouldn't want to upset it!

grievoustim
    Free Member

apparantly they do make nice pets

I heard 3rd most popular in US after cats and dogs (internet fact – may bear no relation to "truth")

plumber
    Free Member

Be warned – my dad picked up a ferret some years ago and now runs a ferret rescue of 30+ at the last count.

They are addictive

Plum

coffeeking
    Free Member

Say hello to my little friends…well 3 of them, the male is hiding!

Ferrets are amazing pets.

Drac

Had loads of ferrets pets as a kid they were great, we worked them too.

Seeing them on leads is not uncommon sight up here.

cogglepin

my mate had a ferret many years ago and called it Brian because he liked Roxy music.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Came home to find a…’ is closed to new replies.